XXI

Rivalry

Rivalry

Ashanti was woken up by Maeann, feeling the excitement and nervousness at the same time. This was the day she had been waiting for.

Unfortunately, she needed to go downstairs to eat breakfast with Calista. Her parents went to the company first and surely they would see them again at the place where the contest would be held. Calista was already wearing her uniform when she saw her. She twitched her lips before sitting and take her food.

"When Dad isn't around, you can't give a greet."

She then eyed her. Her timing was so perfect as always, they were the only people in the dining area at the moment.

"You didn't even bother to greet me too so don't ask for it," Ashanti stated with her disgusting expression. How dare this person ask for something like that? Kahit na batiin siya nito ay hindi pa rin siya babati.

"I hope that attitude of yours will pull you down later," Calista replied while eating, not looking at her.

She rolled her eyes. Presently, who was being disrespectful!?

"You aren't an angel so definitely, you don't have an angel's tongue. Beware, karma will slap you, not now, but hopefully later. It's everywhere."

"We're just like each other. I'm ahead because I use my movements properly. Be attentive, you might have your downfall soon because I'll surely win." Calista had a triumphant expression on her face which made Ashanti's nervousness reign than her enthusiasm. She only gave her a death glare and continued eating. She had no plan to deepen their fight that day because it would only worsen her mood.

Ashanti went to Franklin first. Dumiretso siya sa library upang paghandaan ang laban mamaya. She was thankful there were not so many students inside and it would earn her more focus on the work. While opening her laptop, she first logged in to her social media and saw her inbox blowing up.

Most were students of Franklin and wannabe friends of hers saying Good luck with the competition. She ignored them since she did not have enough time left to reply to them all. She wished karma sees her reason as valid, or else it would slap her the same as what she said a while ago.

She stopped scrolling when Kalen's name popped on the screen. She bit her lips, trying to hide her smile while reading his message. She was disappointed when there was no Kalen who texted her this morning but surprisingly, he messaged her on her account.

Anyways, as long as there's a connection with him, I'm fine with it!

[Good morning, Asha. Eat your breakfast first before competing. You can do it. I believe in you.]