XLVII

Justification

Justification

In one day, the situation Arsace had turned upside-down. Ashanti was currently looking at the huge television in front while eating her lunch at Vercetti's mansion. Giovanni was currently at the company to do his things.

Calista was placed at an institution, Kalen in prison, Carshon was on hold because of the abuse he gave to Ashanti and Ashara, and Lana was at Statira's police station.

The scene yesterday was still fresh in her mind. After she cried in Giovanni's arms, she eventually shut her eyes and had a tight sleep. Nagising na lamang siyang naasikaso na pala ng lalaki ang lahat.

Pagkatapos kumain ay mabilis na nagbihis si Ashanti upang pumunta sa kanilang mansyon. She used the issue to have an excuse to not attend today's class at Franklin. With the car and chauffeur he lent to her, she quickly went to Rossault's residence.

The surrounding was peaceful not only for her eyes but also for the ears. No person could be seen outside, sweeping the dead leaves or cleaning the outdoor pool. She walked towards the door and entered without assistance.

Her father was not at home. After what happened to Calista, her mom immediately filed a case against Carshon for the treatment the two of them got.

She pitied him but Ashara did the right thing. Remembering when her mom said that her father was on his way to give her to the police and he chose to leave them both hanging for the sake of the company still gave an ache in her chest.

Kapapasok pa lamang ngunit narinig na niya ang napakaraming yapak na papunta sa kaniyang direksyon. Her sight caught the maids looking at her with guilt. They pressed their hands and turned their head down. The head maid was the one who stepped forward for them all.

"Young Miss..."

She did not reply. She only gave her and others a blank stare, could not figure out if it was for ignoring or only waiting for the continuation. The head maid bent her knee and glued her forehead to the edge of Ashanti's heel.

"P-patawarin mo po kami, Young Miss..."

She closed her eyes and let out a sigh. Although some of Ashanti's toxic aspects already vanished after going to Recani, she still could not forgive the maids for what they had done.

The head maid was the one who gave her no respect by throwing the dishes and letting her eat the soup with drugs last time. Some of them were the ones who let the fraud doctor get the blood samples that same day. All of them never treated her as the heir of Rossault and stuck with her step-sister, Calista.