L

Belamour

Belamour

Ashanti slowly opened her eyes. The chirping of birds and the flow of water from somewhere awakened her. She constantly squinted her eyes then sat on the ground. Her eyes wandered to her surroundings before looking at her body. She let out a sigh before standing.

She was in Vercetti's garden again.

Did heaven give her a chance to see Giovanni for the last time? Parang ganoon na nga. She was meant to get erased from everyone's life after that night. Did he die? She hoped not.

Iba na ang suot niya kumpara sa unang pagkikita nila ng lalaki. She was wearing the exact clothes she had before dying in Noah's arms. Her eyes were also puffed because of her cries in the rain.

She let out a deep breath to soothe herself. Tutal ito na ang huli nilang pagkikita ay lulubos-lubusin na niya.

Her foot stepped, then the other. It was light yet not. Slow yet fast. The beats in her chest were loud and it was making her hands tremble. She was excited and nervous at the same time.

Tulad ng nakaraan, bumungad sa kaniya ang magandang tanawin ng hardin ng Vercetti. Her mouth slowly parted, recognizing it for the first time. This was the garden in Giovanni's resthouse. Was that mean in this current time, Giovanni and Isabell already met? The same as Noah.

The young Giovanni detected her presence. She instantly ran and held his shoulders. She opened her mouth, withdrawing the same phrase as the last time.

"Huwag mo ako isumbong."

"W-who are you?"

She paused for a second. Her eyes were filled with warmth as she lifted a curve on her lips.

"My name is Valerina. I'm here for you, so no need to tell anyone about me."

The young Giovanni eyed her from bottom to top, before looking back at her face. "Why should I believe you? You don't look decent."

Ashanti laughed at his statement, while the boy only stared at her with astonishment as if the woman in front was a goddess and her voice was a piece of music in his ears.

"I know. I'm sorry you see me in my pitiful state. I cried before going here so my appearance is understandable."

He slowly nodded before taking his seat. Tahimik ding umupo ang dalaga sa tabi nito. What a nostalgic memory of her. Kinuha na nito muli ang drawing pad at nagsimulang gumuhit.

Her brow quickly rose, compressing her with confusion. She was watching him draw the exact scene from the previous. Was this a foreshadowing that the war would still occur even she would not get back to her life? Unti-unting nanlaki ang kaniyang mata. Giovanni and Laura!

She gulped before opening her mouth. "Giovanni..."

The boy immediately turned his sight at her with his enlarged eyes. "You know my name?"