XII

Beginning

Beginning

"Ma'am, buti po nandito ka na!"

When Calista returned to the mansion, the maids immediately approached her. She was annoyed by the actions. Nevertheless, she smiled and turned her sight towards them.

"Is there a problem?"

Nora -- one of the maids stepped forward. "Kanina po pagkatapos mong umalis, may dumating na lalaki! Mukhang close po sila ni Young Miss!"

The irritation faded when the words rang in her ear, and it attained her full attention. Was that so? Interesting. "Can you describe him for me?"

Mabilis na tumango ang isang kasambahay. Looked like she already earned their full trust for them to give some information even there was a possibility that they would get fired because of what they were doing.

"Matangkad po, at kayumanggi 'yung kutis. Nakakatakot po siya pero sobrang gwapo! Parang 'yung mga model sa mga magazine!" Then the other maids giggled and nodded. "Ay hindi pala, mas gwapo pa siya kaysa sa mga 'yun!"

Maybe he was one of the friends of her sister? She twitched her lips. Impossible. The maids knew the name and faces of Ashanti's friends. Was that her lover?

She looked back at them. "Did you not recognize the man earlier? Maybe he's a celebrity or something."

They shook their head. "Ngayon ko lang po nakita 'yun, parang galing sa komiks yung mukha niya, napakaperfect!"

Calista slowly nodded. "Alright. Thank you for telling me. I won't forget your faces."

Their smile grew bigger, thinking they would have a bonus on their next payday. She went upstairs with a poker face. That information was not enough. What could she do about that?

On the way up, she saw Maeann. The maid bowed to her out of respect. She remembered not having a single conversation with her since the first day she lived in the mansion. Maeann was Ashanti's most trusted maid.

Even though she wanted to speak to her, her feet did not stop from moving. She had nothing to say at the moment so it would be awkward for them. Not now, but soon.

Ashanti went back to the Rossault's residence exactly the time for dinner with her family. She no longer bothered to go up to her room and went straight to the dining area.

She sat in her chair and did not mind the look Calista was giving to her. She had enough drama for today, let her take a rest.