XXIV

Laura

Laura

"Nakakatampo you talaga Asha, why didn't you make a reply to me tapos you're with Trishza pala kahapon, hmph!"

Ashanti sat down and opened her laptop. "I already said sorry, Kenny. I'm not in the mood to reply yesterday, and I met Trish accidentally."

"Oo nga pala, before I make limot, that idiot Cayser wants us to punta on the club mamayang gabi. Hindi ko alam why."

She raised her brow before deciding to nod. It's unusual for Cayser to invite them all when going somewhere. Madalas sila ang nagyayaya kay Cayser dahil hindi naman ito gumagala pwera kung maghahanap ng babae.

"So why are you absent nga kahapon? Hindi naman you go absent without excuses." Kennedy opened a bag of chips.

"Nag-away kami, I feel like it's useless to go here if I'm in my worst mood, wala akong matututunan."

"Who?"

"My father."

"Oh, did you two bati na?"

She shook her head. "I haven't talked to him since that night. I also don't know what to say so I didn't look for him."

"But he's still your tatay, Asha. Bakit not you who gawa-gawa the first move?"

She did not reply. As if she would apologize to her father. She was not the one who was wrong in the situation. She also had feelings. Mukha bang ayos sa kaniyang masabihan ng mga ganoong salita? It broke her heart.

Thankfully, there were little to no works she missed yesterday. Puro mga recap lamang sa nakaraang pagtatalakay bago ang pagsusulit. Malapit nang mag-Disyembre at dahil doon ay malapit nang matapos ang kanilang semester.

Noah, who was busy taking notes from the presentation, got a notification from his pad. He eventually glanced at Giovanni, only to found out he was also busy with the piles of paper on his table. Mukhang madadagdagan pa iyon dahil sa balitang nakuha niya ngayon.

The funeral would be held soon. Since people knew him as Kavan Vercetti, it should have an event where people could visit his burial as well as his graveyard, even if both of them had no intention of attending.

He quickly put the notification to the top, then called staff from other branches to get ready. The aura of his Young Master was frigid, but it would probably get warm in the next few days, especially when Princess would come from the city of Statira.

Hours of lectures, they took a deep breath when their professor already left the room. Ashanti took out her compact mirror then stood up.