XVI

Event

Event

Exactly six-thirty in the evening when a Batmobile Limousine stopped in front of the Rossault's mansion. Maeann immediately ran upstairs to inform her Young Miss. When she opened the door, her eyes widened and her jaw dropped as her sight laid on the beautiful person standing in front of a human-sized mirror.

"Don't stare too much. I already know I'm gorgeous."

Ashanti turned her head to her. Maeann bowed before proceeding. "Nandiyan na po 'yung hinihintay mo, Young Miss."

"Perfect," Ashanti beamed and looked at the mirror again, scanning herself for the last time before signaling the maid to get the purse with a matching color to her gown. She went outside then Maeann.

Her Young Miss had grown up in an instant -- that what was in Maeann's mind that moment. Noong una siyang naatasan na maging assistant lady ni Ashanti ay noong sampung gulang pa lamang ito. She was there when her Young Miss went on her puberty stage, on her hard times, normal and happiest situation in her life. Ngayong nakapagsusuot na ang kaniyang amo ng mga kasuotang hindi angkop sa pambata ay roon lamang niya naisip na ang tagal na pala niyang nagsisilbi rito.

Calista already left the mansion, as her maid said, approximately thirty minutes ago. Hindi tuloy nito nakita kung gaano siya kaganda ngayon. Maybe Calista could become a center of attraction because of the announcement, but people were fully aware Ashanti was the queen everyone would look up from the start to the end of the event.

A group of maids guided her to the limousine. The chauffeur was standing outside, waiting for her arrival. He opened the door for her, then went back to his seat afterward. Maids were still standing on the side until the car exited the residence. They let out a sigh and returned to the mansion.

"Hindi talaga sila magkatulad."

"Mas maganda sa loob si Miss Calista pero mas maganda naman sa labas si Young Miss."

"Pero talo pa rin ng mabait ang maganda, hmph!"

"Tumpak! Mas maganda ang trato sa'tin ni Miss Calista!"

"Pero hindi niyo ba napapansin? Bigla na lang may nagbago kay Young Miss."

"Meron ba? 'Di ko naman masyadong napapansin?"

"Mas nag matured na yung mukha niya, mas kaakit-akit na siya."

"Malamang, sa susunod na birthday nila ni Miss Calista ay debut na. Normal lang iyon!"

"Pero... Parang may iba talaga."

Maeann was silent but she heard it all. They had a point. Since their birthday, when her Young Miss woke up looking confused, everything became different. She was only observing her the whole time but there were things that Ashanti did that she had never seen to her before. Even the habits, all vanished in an instant.