XXV

Admirer

Admirer

Three days after the burial. Noong mga nakaraang araw ay nakipaghangout pa si Jaxon sa kanila bago bumalik sa kampo kahapon. Cayser also brought Lana with him. Ashanti was surprised when she knew that Jaxon and Lana were close friends.

She also learned about Bell who Jaxon mentioned before. She was the girl at the funeral who looked like a barbie doll. Her name was Isabell Revon from Statira. Ashanti heard about the Revon when she was young. They were a family of entrepreneurs, had many connections in the whole country.

They were also close to Giovanni, super close -- Jaxon said. Napakunot siya ng noo nang marinig iyon. Nakakapanibagong may ka-close si Giovanni na babae, akala niya ay ayaw talaga nito sa kahit sinong babae.

Kennedy had a different schedule for that day that's why Ashanti went to Franklin alone. They reviewed for major subjects. Doon natuon ang atensyon niya buong araw. She and her father had not talked yet, which meant she was still a failure for him.

If I ace this midterm exam, my father will acknowledge me again.

Her phone rang. She was thankful no one was near her in the library, or else she would have a warning from the librarian. Iniiwasan pa naman niyang mangyari iyon dahil wala naman siyang pwedeng puntahang ibang lugar sa Franklin kung hindi ang library.

It was a few notifications from the group chat. Gabi announced about the vacation trip they would have before the hell week. Every university gave students a three-day break before and after the exam.

After reading the conversations, she turned her phone off. Mamaya na lamang niya kakausapin ang mga ito kapag tapos na siya sa kaniyang binabasa.

The break had come. She did not want to left the room but she had no choice because there was no one near her that she could ask to buy her food.

Luckily, only a few people were in the cafeteria. It was expected since most of the students were on the second floor, filling up the forms for the payment before the exam. Tapos na siya sa kaniya. She did it earlier than others for she would not wait on the endless line just to sign a signature on a paper.

She ordered the Chicken schnitzel with frisee-apple salad and a juice. Just after a minute, the staff put the tray of her food on the table.

What she was ordering was unavailable on the menu. Buti na lamang ay kaya nilang gumawa ng ganitong pagkain para sa kaniya, kung hindi ay magrereklamo siya.

She opened her book and start reading while eating. She was attempting to memorize a phrase when someone put another tray on the table.