VI

Heiress

Heiress

"Ang sama talaga ng ugali ni Young Miss! Mas bagay nga pong ikaw ang maging tagapagmana at maging next big boss namin," one of maid said while helping clean Calista's wound.

She positively smiled at them and shook her head.

"No... No. I understand her feelings. She still thinks of me as a nuisance in the family and a thread for her. I'm not mad."

"Pero po Miss Calista, mali pa rin po ang ginawa niya sa'yo. 'Di naman po ikaw ang nagsunog ng damit niya kaya wala siyang karapatan na magalit sa'yo."

The smile on her lips did not fade. It was true that she was not the one who scorched the dress, but it was one of the maids who was close to her. Ashanti would never figure out that she was the mastermind as almost all the them in the mansion were presently on her side.

She recalled what happened a while ago. All of them were surprised when her dad confirmed that both she and Ashanti would inherit the family's fortune. She was glad about it, but half was not enough. She wanted the whole, no less.

There were three things she could use to get rid of Ashanti in position: work harder to know the business' about so her dad would reconsider giving the other half to her sister, continue to be a victim so he would be ashamed of Ashanti being one of the inheritors, or cling to her future spouse to get more power.

All of it was a good way to make her sister lose her power. But she wondered, who was the man her dad chose for her?

Ashanti went to the Adlige Club after dinner. She would not go to party, but to talk to her friends. She knew they were in the area as the club was their hang-out place. They had different universities and residences so they had limited places to be with together.

She wore a red top, denim jeans, and high heels. She matched it with light accessories and make-up. When she got out of her room, she got relief not seeing Maeann in the hall. It would be hard for her to sneak out because the maid would only ask her several questions and that would be annoying on her part.

She rode a common luxury car for that night. Just after a few minutes, it stopped in front of the club. She shortly went out and made her way to the entrance.

Another relief was formed when she saw fewer people inside, unlike before. She easily found her friend's area so she immediately moved towards them.

Jaxon was talking to a worker, Cayser and Kennedy were quarreling on something, Trishza was gazing somewhere on the dance floor and Gabi was absent.

"Hi guys," she greeted them and sat beside Jaxon. They lent her a shot and she happily accepted it. Thankfully, it was a light drink unlike the night of her birthday.