XLVIII

Pledge

Pledge

Where am I?

Idinilat ni Ashanti ang kaniyang mata at mabilis na napuno iyon ng mga katanungan nang makita ang paligid. As far as she was aware, she fell from the building where their debut was being held. The sky was dark and the rain made everything foggy. The place she was in at the moment was the opposite.

She stood up and stretched her arms. The thought of dying ate her while falling, and she was not foreseeing to wake up safely from the soft grass of the woods. She then turned her eyes a full circle and grinned.

That bitch Cali thinks she already won.

Inikot niya ang mata sa paligid. Mga puno lamang at walang bakas ng gusali sa itaas. She created an arc on her brow. How come she landed in this kind of place?

The flow of water caught her attention after. She was still wearing her gown and for sure the smudged make-up from last night, so she decided to wash her face before looking for the exit. She would go back to Rossault's mansion and tell her father about what happened.

She began to move her feet to where the noise of the water was at. To think she had no signs of injury on every part of her body created a twitch on her lips then narrowed her eyes. She could not feel anything wrong with her after falling on one of the highest buildings in the city. Should she be thankful for it? She shrugged.

Ashanti's mouth parted and brows met when she ended on the wide field of a garden. Her eyes caught a boy sitting on one of the benches. How come she went in the wrong way? She was aiming for the river but she got another problem with her!

Huli na ang kaniyang pagiisip nang dumako ang paningin ng bata sa kaniyang direksyon. Ilang ulit ang kaniyang pagmumura sa isipan at hindi alam kung ano ang gagawin. The boy widened his eyes and was about to call someone when she ran towards him and pulled his arm.

"Huwag mo ako isumbong!"

"W-who are you?" Tila ba nagulat at nagtaka ang bata sa biglaan niyang pagsulpot. Siya rin naman. Nakatingin pa rin ito sa kaniya at naghihintay sa isasagot.

"Uh..." What should she answer? Just like the boy, she also had no idea! As if she wanted to go there in the first place! "My name is Ashanti... I don't know why I'm here so don't tell anyone, please."

Matagal bago nakapagsalita ang bata. "Why should I believe you? You don't look decent."

This boy!

Her mouth immediately dropped, offended by what he said. Excuse him? She was the flower of Arsace, Valerina Ashanti Rossault! As if she was crazy like he was pertaining!