XXXII

The Perception

The Perception

A fine morning for Ashanti. She chose to wear loose thick white long-sleeved and black palazzo pants. She asked her parents if she could go out, and surprisingly, they said yes. Ashanti was in a good mood since breakfast. Maybe because of the project she proposed? She could already feel her father siding to her once again.

Namataan niya si Calista sa sala nang bumaba siya upang umalis na. Her step-sister seemed to have a bad day -- which was opposite to hers. Their eyes met, and Ashanti was the first one to fraudulently smile and roll her eye. Bad mood ito? Deserved.

She took out her phone while walking towards the car she would use for today. She had two messages, obviously from the two persons who nonstop texting her in the past few days. She then looked at Kalen's message with a genuine smile on her face. Last night was Giovanni's turn, now it was time for Kalen.

Her car then arrived at Beau Theatre, where they agreed to meet. Her eyes then caught Kalen outside of his car, waiting for her. He was wearing a black turtle neck long sleeve with a loose black coat on top, and beige pants with a classic belt to complete his outfit. She went out and greeted him.

How long had it been since their last date? It was before the outing in Cayser's resort. She missed it and was so excited for this day.

They went inside and picked a seat. There were only a few people with them, and it made Ashanti get relief. Kalen then sat beside her with the snacks he bought for the two of them.

"Did you purposely choose the time and movie before we go?" Ashanti asked as they waited for the start of the movie. He then nodded. "I know you'll be uncomfortable if we go to a crowded place."

She inwardly bit her lips, not removing the smile. Her heart melt because of the words he gave to her. "You're so thoughtful."

"Especially to you."

The movie was about a woman who went blind while on her journey to a province. It was an old film, as she could tell on their acting and the cinematography. She formed a light smile on her lips when something touched her hand. Her eyes became watery as she took out a deep breath and continue watching.

Kalen was holding her hand throughout the movie.

At the end of the story, the woman's sight came back and she could now finally explore the province she dreamed to see since young. A good story to calm herself. She got peace and forgot the situation she was in at the moment.

Then they went to a local museum. As expected, she could count on her fingers the number of people inside. It was already near Christmas and everyone was busy to even think to go to a museum. Kalen held her hand once again as they entered the place. A bunch of pictures and sculptures were displayed.