XXXVIII

Cease

Cease

Everything was put into place. Ashanti looked outside the van and realized they were only a hundred meters away from the residence. She took out her phone and texted Trishza.

[Nasa mansyon na ba ang pinagawa kong gown?]

It's been a week since she got a good signal. Although it was hard to contact her friends, it gave her an easier time to communicate with her relatives. She was as if a pure lady having conversations with her friends while offering a hand on the farm and waiting for the sun to set. She also learned basic house chores from her grandmother. It was not bad as it seemed, in one week she could already cook a simple dish and clean figurines.

Her personality also improved. She could now smile at others without secretly rolling her eyes or judging them in the back of her head. She also applied the basic manners of a noble when she was in front of someone. It was not a full improvement but she was happy for the not-so-big result.

Looked like being in Recani made her become a better person. It cleansed her mind and soul, plus she knew about the truth of her rebirth. No toxic moments happened and people she encountered.

When there was a signal, she would talk to her friends. They were updating her about the gowns they would use in Ball Season. They also took pictures of them in Adlige Club and Central Park without Ashanti. Napailing na lamang siya at natawa sa mga litratong nakita niya.

He popped into her mind. They were also exchanging letters and calls while she was away. Giovanni would not forget to greet her good morning and good night, although she would see it after hours. He knew where she was and understood that she could not reply to him faster than he was expecting. A small smile was formed when she remembered the situations where he would talk to her at the same time every day because that was the only time she could have a good signal. Sometimes the call would get interrupted so they would go back on texting.

The vehicle stopped in front of the mansion's gate. Calista was standing near the entrance along with the maids, waiting for the family. It was been a while since she last saw them, might just put respect like what she would always do for the past years of living with them.

She first saw Ashara and Carshon. She immediately smiled and greeted them when they walked to the door. Her dad smiled back and even asked about her while her stepmother moved without looking at her. She did not even let out one word to greet her back.

She wanted to scowl but maintained her smile even after they went inside. She knew Ashara would do it so there was no need to react. As long as she did her part, she was good.

Binaling naman niya ang tingin sa papalapit na si Ashanti. She was graciously walking towards them, still wearing sunglasses. Like what the maids did, she also greeted her with a smile.