XLIX

Martyr

Martyr

Tanghali na nang imulat ni Ashanti ang kaniyang mata. Namumugto iyon mula sa pag-iyak kagabi. Ang mga nalaman ay hindi pa rin matanggap ng kaniyang isipan.

She could not believe that she was really the villainess, not only in Calista's life but also to all people in her surroundings.

Mag-isa siyang kumain sa loob ng kwarto. Hindi pa rin niya nakakausap si Giovanni simula kahapon. The guilt would always pass her just imagining his face. She knew what would happen, and it made her thoughts worse.

Mabagal niyang nginuya ang kinakain. Ayaw tanggapin ng kaniyang katawan ang pagkain ngunit hindi pu-pwedeng walang laman ang kaniyang tiyan lalo ngayong ayaw na niyang dagdagan pa ang pagaalala ng lalaki.

She still could not answer if being a Governanti was a blessing or not. At first, she thought the rebirth was support from the heavens to get back Kalen from Calista. Every time she would open her eyes, every time the day would pass, every time the past events would reverse, her perspective about being a Governanti was also changing.

She wiped her cheeks when a tear escaped from her eyes. Calista then popped into her mind. If she did not have rebirth after their debut, the shares and the man she loved would go to her step-sister. If she was the past Ashanti, she would not let it happen, ever. Presently that she was experiencing everything about Restabili made her change the answer.

Isang katok ang nagpatigil sa kaniya sa pagiisip. Her eyes enlarged when it was her friend Jaxon who opened the door and entered the room. Mabilis niyang itinabi ang pinagkainan at binigyan ito ng yakap.

"It's been a while..."

"Yes, obviously," he said then ruffled her hair. "It felt like I stayed in the camp for decades."

She pouted then sat. Umupo rin ang lalaki sa tabi nito bago nagsalita. "How are you? I heard about what happened."

"I'm still... Confused," she honestly replied. "Everything is messy."

"Arsace is messy. Thankfully I get assigned here to Gio's mansion. I get a chance to see you."

Doon naman siya napatingin sa lalaki ng may kunot sa noo. "Assigned?"

She thought he was only visiting her.

He nodded. "We've gotten a notice from Noah about the sudden attack of Katania in Arsace. Our family sided with the Vercetti while half of the soldiers were on the government. Of course, it's still the administration who's giving them tasks, so..."

"Are you saying that there's a fight between the whole city and Vercetti?"

Matagal bago tumango ang lalaki. Inilagay ni Ashanti ang kaniyang kamay sa bibig. Mukhang nakuha naman ng lalaki ang pahiwatig kung kaya't muli itong nagsalita.

"But don't worry Asha. It's Vercetti. Come on, as if we'll lose."

But Ashanti still could not help but worry. Whole city meant the government and all companies in Arsace. How could Vercetti fight them all? It was so impossible!