J • Jason

Joker

Because he let the worst get to him

imma be honest, i sandwiched a bunch of different versions of Batman and his sons and the whole jason and joker thing (thank pinterest for that). first of all, theres no damian. idky.
to explain: i saw smth about Dick killing the joker and bruce brought him back to life
then the 'under the red hood' (in the gif below)
might've also fucked how batman would react but haha.

Warning(s): mentions of blood, mature language and death

 •Warning(s): mentions of blood, mature language and death•

"Where is he?" Bruce asked me with a loud tone.

I stood awkwardly in the Batcave with Dick and Tim at either side of me. There had been this big thing in the amusement park and Jason (aka mr.hothead that needs to get his life in check) knew the details before the greatest detective to ever live did.

Well, Dick found out. The information just got passed to Red Hood before it did the Batman. Which was about an hour difference.

Now, we were getting the consequences for it. Bruce's eyes bulge out of his head in anger and stress. I knew how much he didn't want Jason to be alone with a certain someone because only things would go downhill from there. I took a shaky breath in and I heard the boys have steady breathing. They lived with the dude. They were used to this type of yelling and stuff.

Sure, I've seen it and gotten some kind of yelling from the man himself, but it was never this bad.
At this decibel.
Ever.
He must be mad, mad.
Well, duh.

"Bruce, you know where he is," Tim said in an obvious tone, wanting this shouting session to be over.

He looked at him with red eyes, ready to pounce on him and hold him by the neck until he answered the question correctly. If it was worrying how specific that was, it was because he did it before. Not to his own children, but Tim might be the first.

"Maybe, I didn't make myself clear. Where will he take him?" I froze. I suddenly wished I never asked Jason that when he was about to leave. He was in a rush I got worried, and that was a question you normally asked someone in that situation.
Why did you tell me, Jason? I was a terrible liar. I felt Bruce's gaze on me, he sensed my fear. He had a weird sixth sense for that. Why couldn't the Batman be an idiot who had nothing to do with his life. It had to be a rich playboy who was stupid smart. Honestly, all of our life goals. "Y/n, care to share?"

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Someone come and weirdly interrupt, please. Save me from this awkward moment. I felt Dick's hand on my back, two fingers tapping my back twice. I whipped my head at him in confusion. Was he crazy? Did he want a death wish?

"Just tell him, Y/n," Dick sighed, crossing his arms. He didn't know where Jason was taking the enemy but he had a hunch. I could tell.

I needed to save Jason right now, I just hoped he could forgive me for ratting him out.

"He's at the warehouse near the docks. The one near the fish. All he said was that he wanted to make fun of him, or something. That's all I know, I swear. Stop looking at me as if you want to kill me." I flinched from the older man's gaze and saw him sigh in disappointment.

"Shit," he muttered, looking down. He pieced it together. He always made a certain face when he solved something and he made that same face right now. He put of his hood, already in his suit. "Everyone is coming. Including you, Y/n," he exclaimed. My feet moved before I registered what he said and followed him in suit.

I was in the Batcar with the rest of the vigilantes and Tim handed me a single mask for my eyes.

"To protect your-" before he could finish, Bats pressed on the gas and we flew to the outdoors. I was praying that he was safe.

•••••

My mouth dropped when we arrived. I sensed that everyone's was as well, save for Batman.

Jason was covered in blood, head to toe in his red hood suit.

The enemy, well, was tied on a chair limp.

Oh my God.

"Oh," he laughed, "you finally made it. Thought you would've cracked sooner, sweetcheeks. You guys could've seen all the fun we've been having." He was breathing heavily, we were a few seconds late. By a few seconds. He told me on purpose. He knew I would cave under pressure. He wanted us to see what he was doing.

"Jason. What have you done?" Batman asked carefully, stepping forward to look at the scene. Jason had no shame in what he did, dropping the murder weapon he used.

A crowbar.

"What needed to be done. Something you would never do!" I heard all of the anger behind his words that he tried to express lightly.
"I killed the Joker!"

I looked over to his adoptive brothers and I saw the fear in their expressions. Even with their eyes covered, their fear was clearer than day. Nightwing's was a bit more neutral. I knew how much he wanted Joker gone as well, but the Batman's 'no kill rule' hung over him. The Red Hood was more free spirited. In a sense that he didn't live by any rules. At all.

I licked my lips, the words piled on my throat, blocking the only way for me to speak. I didn't know what to do. No one did.

Except for the dark knight. "You weren't supposed to kill him!"

The young man stepped into his guardian's face. "And what? Let him kill more innocents? Why is his life more important than theirs?! He's a murderer. A sociopath. A clown! Why do you think we're here? Look around you, this is where he belongs. With the clownfish!" He announced and I looked around, as he said. Tanks on tanks filled with clownfish. I gulped, taking it all in. Batman didn't look, he knew the second we got in. "Loss for words, sweetcheeks? Red Robin? Nightwing?" None of us said anything. This was for the Batman to handle. I couldn't even process of what was happening in front of me. But I had to say something. I cleared my throat.

"Do you feel better about yourself? This has clearly been more about revenge then avenging," I asked him, cutting off the big man. My hands were shaking so I hid them behind my back.

"Well, yes. The lives-"

"You wouldn't have killed him if he hadn't killed you first," I accused. I saw him take a step back, his facial expressions covered by the mask.

"Sweetcheeks? You're taking his side? His single death will save millions-"

"You're making it so hard to defend you each day."

"Because I'm right!"

"No," Batman interfered, and luckily, I was glad. Red Hood made good defensive points but I would rather that the clown's death was by someone else's hands. Not his. Anybody but his. This fuel of his anger is getting hotter to handle. Killing his murderer was only adding gasoline to it.
"Because you're stubborn." The older man sighed, looking around him. "We're giving him back to the police, and you're going to bring the murder weapon back to the cave, then you and I are going to have a long talk." He walked out, assuming to get the supplies from the Batcar.

"You're not going to try to bring him back to life this time?" Red Hood asked and honestly I was thinking the same.

Bruce's steps faltered. "You knew?" He looked over his shoulder.

"I died for two days, I didn't get wiped off the Earth."

"Nightwing told you," he stated.

"I did," Dick replied, owning up to it.

Bruce Wayne huffed, "I never want to hear another clown laugh ever again."

That was what we all wanted and sure enough got for the next years to come.