K • Peter

Kick

Because getting kneed in the balls isn't great

this is not the happiest story :(

Warning(s): spoilers for NWH!!! Mature language used.

 •

She was only minding her own business at midnight on a random Thursday night.

It wasn't her fault that he tapped her from behind.

It also wasn't her fault that her natural reaction was to knee someone where the sun doesn't shine, no matter who it was. It was something her father taught her when she was young. She lived in New York for fucks sakes. There was just creeps at every lingering corner. Even if the feeling of watched bothered her, she needed these late night strolls. Things have happened in the past that have proved how unsafe the city was, but nothing stopped her. There was the friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man to protect them.

Speaking of the hero, he was the one she unexpectedly kneed.

"Shit- oh my gosh!" She exclaimed in shock. They were at a park where no one was around. Unless you counted the group of random teens smoking and stuff. It wasn't like they were going to remember this in a few hours anyways. The man in the spider suit jerked with a loud gasp, putting his hand over his crotch, ultimately falling to the ground in pain. It was such an unexplainable feeling to go through. He was worried that his dick went inwards, back into his body from how hard that action was.
"I'm so sorry," she apologized over and over again, hands on her mouth in bafflement. Y/n lowered herself to better face the masked hero.

"You really had to kick me where the sun doesn't shine, didn't you?" He muttered sarcastically, groaning uncomfortably; waiting for the pain to pass by but by the looks of it, it was going to take a while. She actually did this the first time they met as well, maybe this was history repeating itself. It hurt just as much as the second time.

"I kneed you where the sun doesn't shine," she corrected with a small huff, amused by his humour.

"Just like the first time," he whispered to himself, the pain starting to subside but still raged down there. She didn't hear but she continued to apologize. She sighed, an awkward smile hitting her face, then began to stand up. Lowering herself a bit after standing up, she extended out her hand for him to take but he didn't. "It still hurts. Imma just lay here for a bit."

She tried hiding her laugh but he already caught her. "Does it actually hurt that bad? I thought you were the Spider-Man," she chuckled, deciding to sit back down and lay beside him. In a way it was mocking him but it was also sweet that she stayed, and weirdly didn't fangirl. That didn't happen the first time around. She was super excited to see the masked spider, but this time she was chill. History was repeating itself while weaving in it's own ideas.

"Yeah, well, this is every man's Achilles heel," he informed her, the taunting sarcastic tone never leaving. The pain did fade away little by little, but it was taking way too long for anyone's liking.

She rolled her eyes, looking up at the stars rather than at him. "Good to know," she smirked slyly, murmuring what she said to him.

"Might've been a bad idea to tell you that. Your dad is literally in the military, you know how to fight anyone." What he said next was only a slip up that she caught on. Her head whipped towards his immediately, moving backwards in surprise.

"What the fu- how do you know that?!" She yelled at him. It took the man about two seconds to realize what he said.

"I- I know a lot of random facts on people around here," he lied and she knew.

"No! You only stalk me don't you? That was how you knew I was here."

"What? Y/n, no!"

"You even know my name!? I will tell the FBI that you're keeping tabs on random people."

He froze, "no please. Don't do that." He then sighed. "Would you believe me if I said I told a wizard to make the world forget who I am? All just to save the multiverse because I fucked up the first spell because you and ou- your friends couldn't get into a university because of me. But all of that could've just been a phone call! A fucking phone call!" The pain was finally gone and he had his head buried in his hands. He never mentioned how the situation made him feel after a few months of experiencing it. It all happened so fast. Way too fast before he knew what was happening.
"I lost everyone because I didn't want your lives to be ruined." He tried not to cry about it. He already visited his friends at the café and it already hurt for them not to know who he was. His own best friend, Ned. One of the only people who knew him, who accepted him for who he was.

Didn't know him.

No one did.

Y/n didn't know what to believe. The things he said was the most outrageous things ever. But the way he said it, it was if he was reliving the memory. His words held some truth and even though she was weirded out from before, that could explain how he knew things about her. "Um..." she paused, finally decided to talk, being weirdly sympathetic, "were we friends?" The questioned made him perk up and look at her like he did last when she remembered him. It felt like it had been years.

He looked around, noticing no one was around and had KAREN confirm that no one was indeed around. The mask around his head fell to his neck without having him to touch it. Y/n was confused on why he was showing her this.

"Do I look familiar?"

"Are you going to answer my question?" She said, trying to stop her beating heart from how attractive he was.

He frowned, trying his hardest to not be consumed by the fact that Dr. Strange's spell worked. He wanted to believe that everything was a dream. That it was all one big lucid dream. He would wake up to the smell of May's pancakes and meet up with his friends at school. Just like how everything was before Mysterio. "Please," he gulped slowly.

She didn't know what she was supposed to say so she only spoke the truth. "I've never seen you in my life. You- You're really young. Like younger that I expected. Are you my age?" He nodded to her question and didn't mean for the tears in his eyes to drop. He avoided her for months before he gained enough courage to go up to her and talk to her. "Now, answer my question. Who was I to you?"

He clicked his tongue, on the verge of a breakdown and she didn't know what to do.

"You were my girlfriend." Her mouth dropped. Some random stranger who was the Spider-Man used to be her lover.
"I'm not here to force you to do anything. But I- I really needed to tell you. You were the only person who understood me then, I just thoug-" He got cut off by KAREN talking, telling him there's been a distress not too far from where he was. The mask went up and he let his tears flowed but managed to make his voice sound clearer. Well an attempt that failed.

"I was- we were. Woah-" was all she said; it was the only thing she was able to say.

"I have to go. I hope to see you soon," he confessed in between shaky breaths, trying to calm down his anxiety. As he jogged away she called for him and he stopped.

"I didn't catch your name."

He smiled under his mask, tasting the tears that resumed to fall down his cheeks. "We can't have you telling the FBI who I am. Bye, Y/n."

"Bye, cute dude," she yelled back. He was already far from her, but he heard. History was slightly repeating itself. Just like how it was in the alleyway. Although none of that was familiar to her, he remembered it all.

It was almost like déjà vu.