R • Jay

Remember

because you will never forget him.

why do i keep writing dead characters? even i am confused.

Warning(s): touching themes of death, mature language and is overall fucking sad

 •Warning(s): touching themes of death, mature language and is overall fucking sad•

The night wasn't anything special really.

It was an ordinary Friday night. No anniversary, no specific date.

Just...my heart felt a weird tug to go there today.

Tonight.

The tug wasn't what I found weird, Ninjago was built on weird shit. It was weird that I didn't question it. It was a natural pull that disguised itself as desire. As a need that I desperately needed to have. I obliged and followed where it told me to go. It felt like a soft whisper in my ear, its delicate breath fanning the hairs on my neck, tingles down my spine all the way to my heart once more. It felt almost magical. The voice almost hypnotic.

I got into my car at one in the morning and drove wherever my heart desired.

He said it was his favourite place, I remembered when I got there. It was even more odd because I don't ever remember him telling me he would go there.
Not even like "I need some place to calm my anxiety, alone".
Nothing.

I would've understood but he only mentioned it like a couple of times and never talked about it again. He gave me the address for it but I never went because that was his place. When he would share it with me, he will. After the incident, I refused to go. Until now.

•••••

The place was absolutely breathtaking. I was beside water but there wasn't a beach. It looked like a magical place with tall grass and trees that bloomed flowers that were blue, pink, purple, and anything like it. It provided me with some sense of comfort and I looked at the ring on my finger. The promise ring he gave me that I now realize match everything that I am surrounded by. I locked my car and decided to walk through the long grass. I thought I would be annoyed but I was really in love with everything.

There was no bugs climbing up my sneakers nor any bugs to bite me. It was the spot. I understood why Jay loved it so much. Having no proof if he actually went here, I was certain in my mind that he was.

I walked through a small path and found this small circle where the grass was trimmed low enough where you could actually walk on it. There was a fire at the edge rather than the middle and someone stood there in place of it. I raised a brow, confused and afraid. The back of the head was familiar and the name in my head wouldn't make any sense. Any name in general wouldn't make any sense.

"Hello?" I muttered, walking up to the person. They turned around and I fell backwards in shock. I closed my eyes shut, trying to block out what I saw. I was seeing things. I haven't seen him in a few months. He was all I could think about. There was no fucking way he was in front of me right now. A tap was felt on my shoulder.