G • Cole

Get out

Because (s)he's had enough

inspired by a euphoria clip + the incredibles + marriage story 
Also this is kind of all over the place but I hope it makes sense.

Warning(s): mature language, talking about divorce

 •Warning(s): mature language, talking about divorce •

Cole was laughing when he got home.

"Tell Violet goodnight for me will ya'," Cole chuckled as he walked away from his friend that he met a few years ago at Oppenheimer's. He became a cop but quit after they got reformed. He wasn't against it, but he already knew that his time there was coming to an end. Ironically, it was the same time.
He missed the thrill of being a cop. So when Cole called him and asked if he wanted to do some stake outs every week, he agreed immediately.

"Same thing goes for Y/n. Same time next week?"

"You know it," he agreed, sending finger guns his way. Cole missed being a ninja. After they disbanded, he longed for the sense of victory when facing a villain. Doing it with his old buddy put an icing on the cake. Cole found himself in front of the door, he opened it slightly and slowly; making sure to not wake anyone. He stole some cake on the way, taking light footsteps so no one can hear him coming.
But someone was waiting for him.

"Two in the morning is when you get home," a voice spoke. Y/n spun in her chair that was just outside the hallway to their bedrooms. Their cat in her lap as she stroked her very lightly with a villainy aura. "Thank you for lying to me saying that you come at eleven."

Cole didn't know what to say. He couldn't tell her that their bust was really hard that night. He was supposed to go bowling. "We- we lost track...of time."

"Then how come my calls weren't going through?"

"Put my phone on do not disturb," he chuckled, holding his phone up. A notification popped up so the device turned on, showing the young maiden of all of her missed calls. Thirty-eight to be exact. His phone wasn't on do not disturb because that notification that would remind you that it was in fact on, wasn't there. Y/n took notice.

"You're out ninja-ing again, aren't you?" She asked, standing up, looking at him under her lashes as she put down the cat. Cole dragged his hand down his face, exhaustion washing over him. He didn't want to talk about this. But Y/n wasn't here for it.

"Can we talk in the morning?" He begged. Y/n also knew what his tactic was. Say they're going to talk later but never end up doing so. It started to become a repeated cycle.

She agreed, nonetheless. "Sure. I'm sorry that you're too tired talking about something that you've been doing behind my back." She glanced at him disappointingly. She passed by him, hitting his shoulder on the way to her bedroom. Cole was paralyzed for a second before following her.