Q • Smith Siblings

Quarrel

Because you fight with him (her) sometimes

idk siblings are weird. i would know

Warning(s): mature language

 i would know •Warning(s): mature language •

Nya found herself wandering between rooms.

She had just finished a project and already sketched out another. She always tries to find ways to fill time in between so she doesn't burn herself out. Something she picked up from her boyfriend when she noticed that he was on his nintendo switch all the time but still got stuff done. It worked for her so far but she ran out of hobbies to do as well. She read all of the books she wanted to read, she trained until she dropped, she cooked five new meals. She eventually got scolded by Zane multiple times of how to do things perfectly so she dropped that last one quick.

She looked around for people she could join and do something. The first person she found was her brother. They never usually hung out. Maybe because they but heads sometimes. Maybe it was because of their difference of interests and skills. So far, she hadn't found anyone else and maybe bonding would be good.

"Hey, Kai," Nya said, lifting the headphone slightly off of her brother's ear so he could hear. Knowing it was her, he wasn't that annoyed of her actions. He gives her a short nod, facing back to the tv screen. His addiction to video games heavily decreased luckily, so he was merely playing it out of boredom rather than pleasure as he used to. She let go of the headphone but let it rest on his head rather than back on his ear.

"What's up? No more bikes to work on?" He asked in between grunts, trying to beat the computers in fifa.

She sighed heavily, feeling the weird amount of pressure on her shoulders. "No, I have bikes to work on, but I need a break."

"That's reasonable. So you came to your big brother for comfort?" He turned slightly and smirked at her, his ego inflating by each second she stayed silent. Rolling her eyes, she looked away and fixated her eyes to the screen where he scored against the computer. Currently seven-five to Kai.

"I'm just bored."

He let out a sound of disbelief, pausing the game. He turned his whole body towards her. "Bored? You? I find that hard to be believable, you always have something to do. You are great at cooking!" Kai, the number two fan. No one will ever beat Cole in his place as number one.

Not sparing a glance at her brother, she scoffed, "Zane."

"Oh. Never mind. Wanna play video games?" He waved the controller in the air, trying to catch her attention. Raising a brow, she trailed her gaze towards him.

"Video games are useless."

The red ninja felt a bit defensive. "No, they aren't."

"Yes, they are."

"Nya, you just don't know the art of digital sports."

"Oh, I know the art of digital sports, I just find the use of it dumb."

He snorted out of confusion. "How is it dumb?"

She let herself to be more comfortable on the couch, readying herself for their argument or quarrels if you will. They had these whenever they disagreed heavily. Video games should be a harmless subject, but you haven't met the Smith siblings. Any small tiny thing they can be conflicted about will be blown out of proportion. To be fair, they weren't raised by anyone.

"Come on, Kai. You can easily just do it instead of playing it with your fingers."

"I'm tired. We train five hours a day, patrol every other night, meditate for who knows how long, and you want me to play soccer (football - I don't wanna stir controversy lol) in real life for fun?!" She gave him a look that was just as confused as his. It was pretty obvious as to what the answer is and it was weird that he even had to ask.

"Uh, yeah," she replied. The spiky headed ninja let out a sound of amusement from the answer she just gave. He turned back to his game and continued to play. He was done with the conversation.

"Yeah, uh- no."

"You suck at the game anyways."

His amber eyes flickered towards her and back to the game. "Wanna verse me?"

"No. I will be contradicting myself then."

He huffed, "just a second ago you said you knew the art of digital sports. You will be contradicting that if you say no."

She furrowed her brows and thought more about it. Either way she was stuck in a dilemma and wouldn't be able to get out of it. She wouldn't hear the end of it from her brother. She didn't want to listen to that. She groaned, giving up.

She extended her hand out. "Give me the controller. I will whoop your ass."

Kai handed Nya the extra controller and they started a new game.

"You are on!"