S • Damian

Soulmate

Because he is meant for you

i try to never use the prompt word more than once but i couldn't for this one.

Warning(s): mature language

 •Warning(s): mature language •

Her eyes lit up in awe, sparkled like gold and full of wonder.

While he smashed his head against a brick wall, wondering why his best friend had to be the one. That was the one thing he didn't want. She was one of the select few that get him on a personal level but that didn't mean he wanted her to be the person for him.
According to Grayson, Damian sounded like he had a crush on her for a while but Damian denied it. There wasn't any way for him to get something that was as insignificant as that.

The thing was everyone needed a soulmate; including him. He always said that it would be a random person on the street and if that were to happen, he would be fine being alone.
But when things took a one-eighty that threw him off.

It was the day they turned seventeen. When that day comes, their world turns black and white and only then they can only gain colour once more when they met their other half as one may call it. It only worked when both of them have turned seventeen. So some do go unnoticed due to people's impatience.
In fact, Damian's day was normal. He woke up with a cupcake by Alfred but he stored it for later because he thought sugar in the morning was nonsense. Besides no one would eat it because Damian will cause hell for them.

Except for Tim.
Tim doesn't give a fuck.

He got his little "happy birthdays" that flew out towards him and he thanked everyone. He tried ignoring the fact that everything was in a shade of grey. Although, he already trained himself to know the different shades and what colours they actually were. Something Bat thought due to Damian's constant distaste in love.
Then he found himself out the door and into the car where Dick sent him his wishes but also had a bit more to add on. Due to Nightwing knowing him a bit more, and is nosy like that.

"So," he cleared his throat, one hand on the steering wheel on the way to Damian's school, "think you're going to find your other half?"

"Grayson, we have talked about this. I have no interest in finding a significant other. I will be just fine on my own," he arrogantly huffed, his nose in the air. His older brother chuckled, not believing anything he was saying. The colours were all muted down to the range of greys and it bothered him. It was only a moment before that he was able to see colour.

The green of the trees and the blue of the sky. They all fell back to black and white and Damian felt like he was transported into the past.
He had no time travelling device that could help him.

"Whatever you believe, kid. Whatever you believe."

•••••

Damian gripped the straps of his backpack, walking in wearily but now noticing stuff in black and white. He was late, and everyone was in class, because of the constant hugging for his birthday and the need to thank everyone. The robin was already imagining what pet he wanted. But he wouldn't see their colours.
Maybe someone is what he needed?