Q • Peter

Quarantine

Because he's stuck with you

literally had this draft from july 2020 thinking i was going to write this then lol.

Warning(s): mature language, mentions of death

•Warning(s): mature language, mentions of death•

There's a spider in my house and he's starting to annoy me.

Yes, I was happy to be living with someone while this toxic gas was passing by, but I wasn't really all that happy. Sometimes, I needed peace and quiet, to be alone for a couple hours.
That was all.
Just two hours and I will be myself again.

Although, it didn't seem like that.

Every second where I was, he was there. It was nice. Don't get me wrong. I love my boyfriend. But this has been going on for three months. All of our foods have been getting delivered through Tony Stark's system so that it wouldn't get affected by the gas.
Just produce and things to make with. Luckily our water reserve hasn't been exposed to air for ten years due to the contamination that had happened then, so that wasn't a worry.

He tried making the dalgona coffee that was trending everywhere and he failed. Quite a few times until he was finally able to make the coffee fluffy and lighter.
He was so happy that he even made me some. Honestly, I did not like it at all. The look on his face, knowing he felt accomplished and I knew the hard work he put into it, I felt guilty.

So I lied.

"Mhmm," I hummed in amusement. Fake amusement. "This is so good," I told him. His smile got wider and he was over the moon. I, for one, was tired and wanted to read a book by myself. I wouldn't mind if he was with me either... if only he would stay silent.
The energy it was taking me to respond to every enthusiastic question or opinion he needed was a lot. I would sometimes cry in the shower, feeling overwhelmed. It wasn't even his fault or anything, I just needed some space.

Then another day, he wanted me to make puzzles with him. He asked Tony if he could send him a five thousand piece puzzle. He did. It was supposed to be the forest, so all of it was relatively the same colour.
Honestly, I only agreed because we would both be very concentrated on doing the puzzle with very minimal speaking.

Again, forgetting that Peter was my boyfriend/roommate, that wasn't possible.

He went on about other things and we had very separate conversations as to what we were doing. It was very one sided and I felt bad that it was so. I wasn't sure if he noticed my lack of enthusiasm in my answers, because if he did, he did not say a word about it and continued as if everything was fine. My guilt consumed me and I didn't bother bringing it up. 

Then last week, he wanted to make sourdough bread. He already made the starter and usually he would make things himself and make me try them. This time he asked me to help him.