C • Cole

Cry

Because sometimes he needs to let it all out at once

Warning(s): mild language

I'm so sorry that all of the Ninjago short stories have sad endings so far

Cry•Because sometimes he needs to let it all out at once•Warning(s): mild language •I'm so sorry that all of the Ninjago short stories have sad endings so far •

(There were no gifs)

Turning into a ghost wasn't fun.

Cole would know because he was one. They really needed the scroll of airjitzu to save Lloyd from Morro. Cole sacrificed himself for Lloyd, he sacrificed his physical self for him. Now, he was wondering if it was worth it. To give up his meaning for Ninjago.                                                              
All Ninjago city has done to the ninjas was nothing but disrespect. Rude glares, constant yelling. Was it worth it? Cole asked himself this every second he noticed that he was a ghost. When he couldn't see himself in the mirror. When he couldn't grab things. When he saw Y/n.

Y/n didn't mind that her boyfriend was a ghost. Sure they couldn't hug or cuddle anymore, but that didn't stop her from loving him. She loved how selfless he was to get the scroll even though it was daytime. She reminded him how brave he was for doing so.

Whenever she reassured him, he took it as pity. Everyone was pitying him, because he couldn't feel anything. He was supposed to be the toughest on the team. How could he be the strongest if he couldn't hold anything. It wasn't fair. He didn't have to do this.

Why am I a fucking elemental master decedent?  He thought to himself, making him groan in annoyance. Falling onto his pillow, trying to concentrate enough so he didn't fall through.

A soft knock was then heard from his bedroom door.  He gave permission for whomever was on the other side of the door to come in. It was Y/n the one who wouldn't stop pestering him. "Um...it's me Cole." He groaned once more, losing concentration, and slowly started to fall onto his pillow before he stood up straight.

"What do you want?" He said coldly, sneering at her. She was taken aback at his cold demeanor; she understood that it wasn't the best to be a ghost, she couldn't even scratch the surface of what Cole was going through, but at least she was trying to make him feel normal. Couldn't he appreciate that small gesture. "Don't tell me you came here just to tell me 'everything is going to be alright' or 'it's only temporary' or-"

"Wu called in for a meeting. Hey, I get it, I'm a nuisance to you; but at least I'm not an asshole," she slammed the door as she left. All that anger that was bottled up inside of him came out. Tears from his eyes, the only type that couldn't harm him.

The stress, the anger, the frustration, the sadness.

All came together as he cried that night.

He lost his physical ability and his girlfriend.

All he did about it was cry.