O • Kai

Outrageous

Because sometimes he frustrates you

playing hard to get challenge (gone wrong! she caught feelings 🫣)

Warning(s): kai's density. also mature language.

 •

"I think your brother is dense," I said, sitting down beside Nya in art after lunch.

Today was the day I tried telling Kai my feelings. I didn't even care if we ruined our friendship at this point, I just really wanted him to know how I felt. I wasn't one to bottle up my emotions. It felt suffocating to me and I needed people to know how I felt about them. Losing friends wasn't really my issue if they were being rude or annoying. A bad type of annoying. Kai and I have been friends for a while, recently (a few months ago) I caught feelings and I planned on telling him. Although one simple task has been deemed impossible.

First, I gave him hints to catch on but I think he has his head too high up his ass. In a way that he blocked out literally every single one of my advances. This was the same person who had the highest amount of ego and had people throwing themselves at him everyday. He didn't seem to be blind to that.

I gave him a note, c l e a r l y writing my feelings on paper. He skimmed it, hugged me saying he loved me as well and said "see ya later bestie" like he always did. He thought I wrote him a cute appreciation letter. He better appreciate the slap I was planning to do to knock some sense into him.

"You can say that again. Ignored your love once again?" She asked while sharpening her pencil.

"Yes! What the fuck is wrong with him? He just frustrates me, for the love of the first spinjitsu master." My head rested on the desk, facing Nya who raised a brow at me.

"He thinks the world revolves around him. He just...filters things he wants to see. On top of that he's naturally oblivious." The expression on her face made my heart drop. She had an idea and I knew I wasn't going to like it. I sat up from my position, looking for anything that was going to give away her stupid plan.

"Nya...what?"

She rasied a shoulder. "You have to get on the same wavelength as him."

"What does that mean?" I questioned. Everything I did until now didn't work because I wasn't on the same level as blind as my crush.
How did that make any sense?
I gave him flowers, chocolate, wrote notes, I tried to fucking kiss him! None of that worked and he treated me the same. Didn't think any of my advancements meant anything.

"Just flirt with him. Like, very obvious flirting. The one where you have to give him lots of attention." No, nuh uh. I've seen way too many people at our school do that towards him and since then I never did it. It was unnatural to me to do. What would I say? What would I do? Telling him in various ways was better because it was straight forward. Besides, his ego was huge enough and I was there to humble him not to inflate it even more.

"That is outrageous. I am not doing that. I guess I will have to live with the reality that it's impossible to tell thee Kai Smith that I love him romantically."
I saw Nya's gaze above me facing the door with wide eyes, but I didn't bother to look. I was too deep into my feelings to care about what she was looking at. I put my head back on the desk and bottled up my feelings.

What Y/n didn't know was that Kai was outside of the door, and heard every single word she said. He was only there to give Nya her headphones back after she let him borrow it, and now he was stuck with information he never wanted to hear.