B • Bruce

Brave

Because sometimes he needs to be reminded that he's strong

Brave•Because sometimes he needs to be reminded that he's strong•

"It wasn't your fault," Y/n approached Bruce since they both decided to come to the hospital to check up on Selena.

Bruce stopped pondering and looked over his shoulder, where he put two of his hands on the table while standing, facing away from Y/n. He thought about what she said. He did, really. Sadly, he didn't believe it. How could he? Selena got stabbed and is needed for immediate attention. Gerimiah stabbed her to hurt him.

Y/n could see of how much of a toll this was taking on Bruce. Y/n was the daughter of Alfred. Y/n was only there because she needed to look after him when Alfred couldn't. Bruce needed someone who was his age that could understand him more. After months of her promising herself that she wouldn't develop feelings for him, she ended up doing so. It hurt even more that Bruce didn't show the slightest interest towards her way. He liked Selena and she liked him back. The only thing that was keeping her going was the fact that they didn't put labels. They weren't official, but they had something going on.

Bruce banged his hands on the table, then facing back forward, "how? He stabbed Selena because of me. He did it to hurt me. There's no other explanation of saying it wasn't my fault."

"You weren't the one with the knife in your hand. You didn't stab Selena," she protested, going closer to the raven haired boy. Bruce turned around, glaring at the girl in front of him. Why did he put up with her? Why had Alfred brought her down here? She had a good life in London, so why here in Gotham? Of all places.

"You don't know anything," he sneered at her, his shoulders square as he was ready to fight.

"I do know that you blame yourself for everything-"

"Because it's the truth-"

"Because that is what you believe." She finished. "You take all of this responsibility for what? Why put yourself under so much misery? It's because you think you deserve it. To tell you the truth, you don't."

Bruce began to loosen a bit, listening to her words. She was right. She was wrong. He was always at constant war with himself. He didn't know what to believe. She had seen his worst and at his best. His up and downs.
No, it was his fault.

"I- he wants me."

"Then give up," she flared her arms up in the air. "If he wants you so bad and you don't want anybody else to get hurt, make this easy for the city. Just give up."

Bruce was confused, "wha- but I- I don't want to give up."

She gave a small grin, "that's because you're a fighter. You're brave. You've stood up to that bastard so many times. Yeah, some people might get hurt. Remember, Selena is a fighter too, she'll get through this." She placed her hand on his shoulder. She came closer and gave a small kiss on his cheek. She gave him a small smile before walking away to her father.

"Y/n wait!" He called out. She turned around and walked back towards the pale boy, a frown on her face. "Maybe you're right. Maybe, this isn't my fault. But I'm still going to fix it, no matter what." He started walking away, without letting her say anything. She smiled at him before joining her farther who was looking through the window at Selena.

"He still blames himself?" He asked his daughter, hands behind his back as always. She mimicked him, something she picked up on.

"Yup."