A • Kai

Appreciate

Because sometimes his ego gets pretty big

Warning(s): Mild language, heart breaks my dude be prepared

Appreciate • Because sometimes his ego gets pretty big•Warning(s): Mild language, heart breaks my dude be prepared•

(The only sad Kai gif I could find)

The ninja came back to the bounty after a long day.

It was a very successful mission against the snakes who still were against the ninja. It was nothing they couldn't handle. A jump, kick, and a spin later, the ninja were victorious. Kai himself was over the top pleased that he had lead the team to victory since Lloyd was feeling under the weather. After a huge argument with the legendary ninja, he stayed, and let his mom take care of him.
Kai couldn't wait to tell Y/n of the amazing day. He wanted to tell her how heroic he was. That would impress his girlfriend, wouldn't it? He walked down the hall and opened the door to their shared room.

"Y/n! You wouldn't believe the day I had today," he jumped in excitement. She put down her book and a warm smile made a way to her face, indicating for him to say what he wanted to say. She knew if she spoke, she would yawn. She didn't want him to worry. "There was these snakes, coming in left and right. After I told everybody their positions, we went straight into battle. So, I went: hiyah! And a- woah!" He had fallen on his butt while trying to show Y/n his moves. She laughed a little, covering it behind her hand.
If it were anyone else laughing, they would get the nastiest glare from the red ninja. Not to her. All she got was was him sarcastically laughing with her, showing his embarrassment. He got up from the floor and whipped out his phone, making his way to Y/n. She was laying her back by the bed frame, she shifted over for Kai to sit next to her, which he took the seat gladly. He was online, searching himself up, looking for articles, and found the one he was looking for.

"Why're you searching yourself up?" Her voice was low in a whisper, he heard her, but didn't speak to answer. The phone was practically shoved in her face, she lowered his hand to see the photo clearly. It was of Kai, in the air with his sword, and aiming towards the snake who also had a sword.

"Doesn't my gi look amazing? They got the lighting just right. Right, princess?" He looked for some kind of praise. All he wanted to do was make her proud instead of pushing her away. A lot of people were doing it to him then. One by one.

"You look amazing, baby. But why-" she stopped herself to take a kind yawn. Covering her mouth with her hand to show her manners. Kai was confused and worried at the same time. That wasn't a good thing. Never should Kai be worried about anything.

"Are you okay, princess?" His eyebrows furrowed in worry. He wanted to be there for her.

She shrugged it off, "yeah, just a bit tired. Been doing a lot all day." That made Kai chuckle a bit. "What's so funny?"

"It's just- you don't....do anything...hard." He looked around, letting his mouth speak. He didn't even think twice about the words that were spilling out of his mouth. He should've.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She challenged.

"I mean you're not a ninja." He needed to shut up.

"Really?" Her eyebrow cocked up, intimidating him a bit. Of course, Kai Smith never backed down.

"Really." Somebody shut him up please.

"Whenever you guys fight about who's turn it is to cook or wash the dishes, I'm the one who settles it by doing it myself." Her voice stern and annoyed.

"So-" He tried to interject but she cut him off. He wasn't going to rain down on her parade.

"Whenever you're in a rush, I'm the one always ironing your 'amazing gi'." She mocked him in an egotistical voice. It kind of hurt his feelings that that's how she heard him when he boasted.

"Well-"

"Whenever there's uneven number of ninjas training, I always train with you. Even I taught you something's." She pointed to herself when saying 'I'.
She was taught by an old sensei, but didn't have any powers or anything of the sort. Some basic —advanced actually— self defence. Wu hadn't taught the ninja some tricks Y/n had taught Kai. He even used them in battle. He always told her when he used them though. He tried to make her feel special.
That moment ruined that for him.

"But-"

"And, whenever you feel like you can't do something or you're low again, I'm always there to make you believe in yourself. My work is hard Kai, because I have to look after you." He tried staying strong but each point she made was true. He was defeated.
Kai Smith was defeated by his three year term girlfriend. "I'm not your babysitter, Kai." She did it. She called him by his name. He cringed when she said it in such disgust. She stood up on the bed and jumped off. She couldn't be near him. His aura, the vibe, was rancid.

"Princess, I'm sorry. I- I never knew."

"Because you didn't care enough. Appreciate what you have before it's gone. Goodbye, Kai. Good luck sleeping." She waved him off with the book in her hand and out the door.

Oh yeah, he had nightmares; and he needed
Y/n to make it through the whole night.

Oh yeah, she left.