A • Peter

Always

Because he has to know that you're going to be there for him

Warning(s): Mild language

Always •Because he has to know that you're going to be there for him•Warning(s): Mild language •

Peter cried all the way home.

He almost forgot how it felt to have walked home and through the front door rather than through the window.
What he also forgot was that he had planned a date that night with Y/n. So, when he saw Y/n sitting on his couch watching the news he was shocked.

"Y/n?" He groggily asked, throat sore from crying. She looked up in a rush, wanting to know what happened to her date. He saw how she dressed. A beautiful red long dress that accented with gold all over, hair in all of the right places, make up more on the natural side for Peter's liking, and her smile to top it all off.
Sadly, she wasn't smiling at that moment, neither was Peter.
And then it hit him. "Was our date tonight?"

"Uh, yeah," she laughed nervously. She looked down at herself, shifting her feet to give a better look at herself. "I kinda feel stupid for dressing up now," she gave a nervous smile. That one smile that made Peter's heart to beat uncontrollably. He was so lucky he could call her his.

He held his temple in frustration as his eyes widen, "no, no! You look absolutely breathtaking," he sighed in adoration. She looked like a goddess in his eyes. "I'm....I'm so sorry. I- I-"

"Is everything alright, babe?" The one question Peter was trying to avoid. Was everything alright? Did he feel the best?

"No." He couldn't lie to her. After everything they had been through, lying wouldn't help him. He made his way over towards her and just hugged her. His arms wrapped around her waist, whilst her arms around his neck. They swayed a bit, trying to feel comfort.
But the words Tony said to Peter hurt him.

"I was the only one who believed you."

"Give me the suit."

"Tell me what happened, Pete," Y/n murmured in his ear. Shivers jolted down in his spine from how turned on he was. He had loved her as soon as their eyes locked in chemistry in tenth grade. He knew she was the one for him, his rock, his everything. It hurt to know that she would soon be disappointed of what he had done.
She unwrapped her arms from his neck to hold his face. "Please," she said desperately, eyes pleading to know that her boyfriend was alright. That was the only thing that mattered to her. Even though she got stood up for good reasons, his mental health was more important.

"I lost the internship. He took away my suit," he sighed, looking anywhere but her eyes. He knew that one glance at her face, he was going to breakdown, and cry. She looked at him in a concerning manner as she felt such sorrow for the boy before her. "I- I thought-......I thought i didn't need help," he looked down in shame. Glancing at her red and gold accented dress, reminding him of the Iron suit. Reminding him of Tony. Reminding him of the words that ever so haunt his mind. Reminding him that he almost killed some people.

"Didn't need help with what?"

"Uh- um...look," he grabbed the remote and turned on the news. He couldn't tell her. It would've broke her heart. He was no longer in contact with Y/n. He missed the warmth so they just held hands and sat on the couch. His leg bounced up in down in anticipation and worry; just overall anxiety. Y/n glanced at his leg worriedly, but then turned back he attention to the screen.

"Locals say that it was a miracle that Iron Man showed up and took over the situation after the friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man couldn't. Here's a look," the female news anchor said.
Y/n glanced at Peter as both of their frowns grew more each second.

"Peter-"

"Keep on watching," his eyes glued to the screen while he gnawed his bottom lip.
She obeyed and glanced back at the screen to see what had happened.

"What had just been a nightmare for others on the cruise ship while some witnesses say that there were overpowered weapons on board. When Spider-Man had arrived and what seemed like he knew what he was doing, he failed. Luckily, witnesses say that Iron Man came to the rescue and saved the day while Spider-Man was in distress," the local news man reported.

"I was running away from these weapons like, in hell I was going to die. Spider-Man webs in and the ship was in half. Literally in half. So then Spider-Man webs the two halves together and we were fine. That was until that shit started snapping. He looked fucking heroic in that moment where he held everything together with his own strength. But we were still sinking. Kids were crying, people were screaming, religious people were praying. It was just a mess. Until out of nowhere, Iron Man comes and saves the day. He used his awesome blast and melted everything together. If it weren't for Iron Man, we would've been dead. I thought Spider-Man was supposed to help us and protect us? Fuck you-"

Y/n turned off the television while the man was talking. "Enough. I don't care what they have to say about you."

"I almost killed hundreds of innocent people," his eyes watered. Knowing he upset her. "I completely understand if you're disappointed in me and want to leave me," he looked at her eyes. He broke. He tried keeping it in, his throat feeling like it's choking, his head pounding.

"What the fuck? I'm not going to leave you!" She yelled at him. He trembled under her gaze as his shaking hand gestures to the screen, mentioning what the news had just said.

"But-"

"No buts. You almost did, but you didn't."

"You don't understand, I'm nothing without that suit."

"Then you shouldn't have it."

"I loved you before you became this. The suit can't, won't and shouldn't define who you are as a person. You're an amazing guy with a big heart, a stupid suit doesn't do that."

Peter said nothing. How could he? His amazing girlfriend knocked some sense into him. All he did was put their foreheads together and gave her a few pecks here and there. He wanted to show how much she meant to him. That was until he went into a chaste kiss, putting away all his sorrow.
"Thank you," he said ten minutes later. She smiled. Her beautiful smile that lit up any day. That brightened up the room. That made him smile.

"I'm here for you. Always."