P • Bbrae

Powerless

Because that's how he feels without you

THANK YOU FOR 10K!!

Warning(s): mentions death, mature language and batman being a decent human being

Powerless•Because that's how he feels without you•THANK YOU FOR 10K!! •Warning(s): mentions death, mature language and batman being a decent human being •

Teen Titans was a team Dick created several years ago when all of them were teenagers. Hence the name.

As they were in their twenties, no one could ever imagine the day that they had to lose someone. They all had superpowers or knew how to fight really well. The mere thought of it actually happening was far fetched to them. They were aware of the risks and dangers and have had near death experiences but that hadn't meant they saw it as an actual reality.

Which was naïve of them but they always recovered from their battles.
Always.
Nothing was close enough for them not to be nursed back to health. Whether that took time or magic, it turned out fine.

It was a shock when they find Raven not breathing or that her powers weren't healing her. In fact, she didn't look a demon anymore. Her purple eyes were fading to brown, her hair as well. The fangs in her teeth shrunk to normal sized fangs. Her pale white skin was gaining a yellow-pinky undertone.
Then they realized what had happened.
But not fully.

Their enemy was strong. The teen titans were no chance so Beast Boy was nominated to go call the justice league. He didn't protest that time and ran to the command centre and immediately called for back up.
He didn't think he took long.
He became an eagle to fly faster up towards control centre.
The call was only ten seconds. They picked up immediately and reassured Beast Boy that they were on their way. Superman was going to be only a couple minutes because he was on another planet. They were all dealing with stuff but knew that the police or smaller vigilantes can take care of it. Teen Titans were very independent and never called the Justice League.

So when they did, they knew that it meant something serious was going on.

When he landed back on the ground, about to inform them what he heard, they were all on the ground except for Raven. Tears welded in his eyes and the scratch on his cheek began to hurt a bit more than when he got it. Dirt covered his face and all he saw was a big magic explosion.
He was gonna celebrate, for sure Raven won that.

Oh how he was so, so wrong.

The demon fell to the ground and that's when the changes were happening. When the blood started to pour it out and her wounds never closed.

"Raven!" Robin called out, using his staff as a support handle to help him stand up. He limped over towards the body and the green teen got mad. He transformed into a tyrannosaurus rex but he got blasted almost immediately. He passed out at that second.

He didn't see Robin's tears.
He didn't see the Justice League coming too little too late.
He didn't experience any of the grief until after.