A • Rapheal

Adoration

Because sometimes he needs someone there after a long night

Warning(s): Mild language

Adoration •Because sometimes he needs someone there after a long night•Warning(s): Mild language •

Raphael grunted as he threw his sais onto the ground.

Leo got hurt and he took all the blame for it. Because of their argument mere minutes before the fight, Raphael refused to help his brother in battle because Leo was implying that he was better than him strategically.
He saw the desperate look on Leo's face. Both knowing that Leonardo needed help, but neither saying anything about it.
It was only when Leonardo's ear piercing screams filled his ears he had realized what had already happened.

The opposing team has thought they had at least got rid of the leader, so they parted. The brothers ran towards the eldest hastily, wanting to know what had happened. Leo's throat was sliced. Donatello took charge since Raphael was too busy panicking.

"Raph, grab Leo, we have to get a move on!" Donnie ordered, jumping on the stairs to the rooftop. Raphael looked at his brother, he thought that he didn't deserve to be near his brother. It was his fault.
"Hurry!!"

Knowing they had little time, he grabbed his brother, and jumped up onto the rooftops, joining Donatello and Michelangelo.
The faster Raphael went, more blood from Leo's neck started dripping.
"R-Raph~" Leo started, his eyelids forcing to close.

"Leo!" Raphael said excitedly, forgetting about his tough image. "Don't worry, we'll have ya up and goin' as soon as possible. Stay awake for me, please," He choked a sob. He shook his head quickly to get rid of the tears that were starting to form in his eyes. He needed to stay strong. For his brothers and most importantly: himself.

"I- I'm.......sor-"

"Don'chu try apologizing. This is my fault. I- I should've helped ya when ya needed it." Guilt washed over him again as he retold the story. He looked down briefly and saw his brother going limp, and his pulse still faint. "We're losin' him guys! MOVE FASTA'!"

When they had gotten to the lair, Raphael set Leo down on the hospital bed in the lair they 'borrowed' and left. Left the lab to his room. To sulk by himself.
That was when a light knock was heard outside his door. He recognized the knock anywhere. "Raphie, are you feeling okay?" The voice asked.

"Y/n?" He questioned, he got up straight to his feet and opened his door. There she was. His girlfriend. Who had travelled from the country side to the city to visit her mutated friends.
Though, she did not look as welcoming as she was feeling an hour ago. Pumped to hug her boyfriend once more.
For Raphael, one look at her face and he forgets all his problems, worries, Leo. He engulfed her in a hug, picking her up, and was careful not to crush her. "Whe- When did ya come back?" He exhaled in relief.

"Two hours ago. I came here but splinter had told me you guys were out so I stayed with him until you guys came back."

"Oh," his face fell into a frown, he put Y/n down, and walks towards his bed. Her face was concerned in his sudden change in mood.

"I- I went to the lab before I came here. What happened to Leo?" Her voice soft. That was what Raphael loved about her. Her angelic voice, filling his ears wherever she spoke, let alone sing.
Raphael didn't want to answer her question. He was too embarrassed to say anything to her. He didn't want to scare her away. He didn't want her to think he was a bad turtle. "Raph?"

"Whatever happened to Leo is my fault," he looked away, not wanting to see her face.

"I'm sure you couldn't have done any-"

"Yes! I could've! But did I!?" He raised his voice at her. Even though Raph was guilty for yelling at her, they both knew that he didn't mean it. He hanged his head low in shame, "I don't deserve to be his brother. I saw he was in trouble but I didn't help him. Mikey and Don were both too busy but I coulda jumped in and helped him. But because of our fuckin' fight we had I was too stubborn."

Y/n closed the door behind her and sat beside the red clad. She looked at him, right in the eye, but he was avoiding her gaze. "Look at me."

"I- can't....ya mean so much to me Y/n and to see you....dis- disappointed in.....m- m- me." Raphael was crying. The tough skin, the cold blooded, the muscles. Raphael was crying. Y/n didn't know what to do because he never cried in front of her. "It could be my fault th-that...he-..he-..he's.....dead," he whispered. The sobs betraying him as he pulled Y/n to his lap and cried in her shoulder.

She blinked. After all he had said, she didn't know what to say. She had to choose her next words carefully.
"He's not going to die."

"He got injured because of me."

"How do you think he feels every other day when you guys are out on missions?" Raphael lifted his head from her shoulder, not bothering to wipe the excess tears that were falling. "When you guys come home injured he feels exactly how you guys feel. He feels like he could've done something to avoid it. Like it's his fault. He cries too, y'know."

"I coulda helped him, it wasn't an if, it was a choice I wanted to make," he muttered, his eyes showing the sadness, and guilt he was feeling. Y/n took note that whatever she said next wasn't going to help, so all she did was hold his face in her hand, caressing all of his features. He closed his eyes, breathing in to slow down the pace his heart was going. Beating faster each second. Beating for her.
"I love ya," he breathed out. He couldn't catch himself when he said that. He felt so at ease. So in the moment. His heart just wanted to scream of how much adoration he had for her.

She couldn't believe her ears. He loved her. She wanted him to say it the day they met. The day she kissed him for the first time. The day they cuddled for the first time. She needed to tell him too.

"I love you, baby," she wrapped her arms around his neck.

They stayed like that for the rest of the night.