W • Michelangelo

Wrinkle

because he will love you even when you are grey and old

this wrote itself
and happy new years!

Warning(s): insecurities :(

Wrinkle •because he will love you even when you are grey and old•this wrote itself ✨and happy new years! •Warning(s): insecurities :(•

"What do you imagine we will look like when we are older?"

Mikey asked, whispered into the air. He was twenty, an age that sometime looked like it was a dream due to the many near-death experiences he has had in the past. All of that had slowed down and he now sat with his girlfriend of four years on a rooftop that they loved. They were patrolling in a way. It was still New York after all. It was rare that there was someone getting mugged or robbed. The criminals of the city feared the scary, tall vigilantes. Rumoured to leave you crippling out of an alleyway if you dared to try anything against the law. The police dealt with those people during the day and there wasn't much to begin with. The only people left here were the extremely poor. There was nothing to steal from someone who had nothing.

However, this particular night, Mikey was thinking about somethings. Long term to be more specific. Being older and wiser, his self-awareness heightening as he matured. The future used to scare him, thinking that everything he ever knew would change in an instant. For some reason, he was now ready for change. He wanted things to be different. He wanted to try something new. Like trying a new topping on his pizza.

"Well," Y/n started, thinking a little, "I think you would still be very cute. But humans don't age well."

"I will still love you when you're grey and old, even if you have wrinkles."

"Seriously?" She asked, not really believing him as Mikey was known to joke about a lot of things. However the look on his face proved that he was being serious. Aging had been something her generation was scared about. They had al of these hacks to look twenty years younger and knowing that Y/n didn't follow any of these hacks, she was afraid that once she was past her prime, Mikey wouldn't find her interesting anymore.
Just a plain vegetable noodle soup instead of his monstrous pizza creations.

The orange masked turtle looked at her, wondering what she meant. He expected to see a small smile on her face almost a teasing look but he was met with a frown. A big one at that. At the very least, he wasn't expecting it.
He noticed that this was an insecurity of hers. With wide eyes, he questioned her back. "What? You don't believe me?"

She didn't expect the question. It was kind of hurtful to assume that he suddenly wouldn't like her based on her looks. It was ironic more than anything. He was the turtle in the relationship. He was a mutant in a world full of humans and she thought if she looked different he wouldn't like her anymore.
It was obvious that they were way past the physical look stage.
Feeling the words die in her throat, she realized what she had said and who she was saying it too.

"What if I'm like really ugly when I'm old? Just icky to even look at."

He let out a 'pfft' swinging his legs. He turned his direction to the citizens of the big city. "The only way you can be icky is if you're brussels sprouts or you become a mean person. If you're still the same person I fell in love with, you having grey hairs wouldn't change a thing."

Tears jerked her eyes out of the words he had sprouted for her. Just simple and sweet. It was just an irrational thought she had and a stupid insecurity. However, he knew how to calm it down and make sure she didn't feel that way; or at least help her.

She wrapped her arm around his neck, leaning her head on his shoulder. The warmth emitted from his body warmed hers, a sharp contrast from the cool winds blowing against them. She moved their legs together so their thighs would touch, already looking forward to going home and sleeping.

"You're amazing you know that." She lifted her head up to give a quick peck on his cheek, causing his green skin to warm.

"That's all you."

Underneath the stars that have been there for millennia's the stars were guaranteed to still be here for decades to come. With that comes age and new generations.

They littered the sky with their diamond like shine, sometimes they hid behind the clouds from how nervous they would get, shy from all of the eyes looking at them.
At times they would show their face, show that they were a source of comfort and beauty.

They let the people know that even they age. Their time would run out as well.
They let the people know that they would all look at the same stars.

No matter how much time would pass, they would still be around.

Just like how Mikey would always be around Y/n. No matter how much time would pass by them.