Chapter 37

It felt like maybe hours since Zayn got comfortable and fell asleep in Harry's arms, even though the water was still warm, Harry felt like he couldn't breathe any longer in that position, it was getting all too much.

It was a struggle, trying to carry Zayn out of the tub without slipping and falling right on his ass, but he managed.

Harry was pretty damn sure that Zayn woke up at some point, but he didn't move, letting Harry carry him back in the room, drying him off, clothing him, and tucking him right back on the bed.

The curly hair lad would glare at the sleeping beauty but still didn't want to make him do everything himself.

it wasn't like its gonna happen every night, so Harry let it go.

Food was long forgotten when Harry laid beside Zayn, both drained of energy, ready to sleep.

Or at least that's what Harry thought, he would fall right back to sleep, he was tired, his eyes were burning, his body was shouting at him to just close those eyes.

And he tried, he really did, but every time he closed them, he saw one thing, one memory.

"This can't be happening," he couldn't breathe, he couldn't see, everything was blurry, he wasn't used to dealing with panic attacks alone, Zayn was always there.

Suddenly he is not, he couldn't make a noise, no one would hear him anyway.

All he could do? Break everything he had.

The mirror, the TV, beer bottles... everything.

In the end, it was him, a broken heart and a pair of bloody hands.

Every dream ended with him, looking at his bloody hands.

Do you see why he didn't want to sleep now?

Without making much of a noise, Harry walked out of their room, it was around 7 anyway, he could just check his emails till Zayn wakes up.

He didn't have many emails though, obviously, Liam is taking care of everything.

He still had time, so, workout it is.

The best thing about working out was he could forget about everything, just focusing on himself, on the feeling of being breathless.

He loved it.

But he didn't eat dinner the night before and he is not one of those people who can go through that, so working out for more than an hour was not a good choice.

It was maybe around 9 when he started to see stars, not the good ones, he felt his hands getting colder, and the sweat around his neck was not from working out anymore.

He decided to just sit down for a minute, just to catch his breath, so he could stand up again.

After feeling a bit recovered, he walked back into the room, not worrying much about waking Zayn up anymore.

Taking a long shower was not an option, he felt nauseous already, and it was getting worse every second.

'hold it, hold it, hold it,' Harry was chanting in his head, again and again, breathing deeply, trying to keep it together.

We all know that shit never works anyway.

Harry slapped his hand over his mouth, jumping out of the shower, emptying his stomach in the toilet.

Acid.

Acid was all he had in there to throw up, and it burned his chest, his throat.

Stuff like this almost never happens anymore to him, he had a nice grip on his life, before everything happened again.

It seems like the fear is never gonna leave him.

He flushed the toilet, putting his head on the edge, uncomfortable tears of pain running down his cheeks, he just needed a moment.

But then again, he was hit with another fit of nausea, gagging, but nothing came up this time, it just hurt, it hurt a lot.

The noises were not that loud, but they were alarming, Zayn slowly opened his eyes, for a couple of seconds he couldn't register what he was hearing.

But it finally clicked, he ran into the bathroom without knocking, he kneeled next to Harry who was resting his head on the edge of the toilet again.

"Hey, hey, what happened?" Zayn asked, scared out of his mind.

No answers, there was no energy left to answer.

With slightly shaky hands Zayn tried to see if Harry has a fever, he was fine.

"Are you done?" Zayn questioned him, putting his hand on Harry's back, rubbing the muscles, his back was so stiff, Zayn could feel the small shake under his knuckles.

"let's get you back to bed."

"give me a moment, I'm fine." Harry finally managed to answer.

"you obviously are not," he glared at Harry, even though Harry couldn't see, "let me help you."

Harry pulled himself up, refusing to get help from Zayn, the person who caused all of his pain and suffering, it's crazy how he just managed to get himself to the kitchen.

Zayn was right behind his stubborn ass, not knowing why he was sick like that, he was so wobbly, couldn't even walk a straight line, was he drunk?

He didn't smell drunk though.

Harry just took an energy drink out of the fridge and sat right down on the floor to drink it, pulling out a chair was too much of work.

Zayn saw the color coming back on Harry's face, so he decided to make breakfast for them.

Pancakes and bacon? Good enough.

None of them talked anymore, Harry just staring at nothing, and Zayn just cooking.

Zayn decided to finally break the silence with a question.

Not a very nice one.

"When are you gonna go back to work?"

He thought it's just a question.

Harry slowly looked up, eyes unreadable, "what? You are tired of me already?" he cleaned his lips with a tissue paper, and slowly, not wanting to throw up again, he left the kitchen.

"It was just a question..." Zayn mumbled to himself.

After about fifteen minutes, Harry walked out of their bedroom, in suit and tie, ready to go.

"um, where are you going?"

"I was gonna stay for a couple of days at home, but I guess you got tired of me, so I'm just gonna work," Harry said, walking towards the door as he spoke, not even once made eye contact with Zayn.

"I didn't mean it-" Harry closed the front door shut, "- that way."

Harry was already gone, leaving Zayn there to think and overthink about Harry's health, what if he can't make it to the company? What if he crashes his car?

He decided to call Liam, letting him know about Harry's condition.

After that, he just sat in front of the TV, staring at it, praying and praying for the man's safety, something he never thought he would do again.

He'll be ok.

He had to.

********************

so yeah, it was my birthday and that picture is the leftover of last night.

hellowwwwwwwww!

i was pretty early this time, right?

right!

hope you enjoyed!

love ya all!