Chapter 43

Harry knew it was the last moments of his sleep when he felt the sun is stabbing his eyes to wake him up, he turned to his side to block the sun, but he felt hot breath hitting his face.

Opening his eyes, he was met with the wet snout of Sammy, who was looking at him innocently waiting for him to finally get up.

The second the puppy sensed Harry is awake, he barked and licked his face, "good morning to you too Sammy," Harry mumbled sleepily trying to move away from the wet tongue.

The only way to get Sammy to let him go was to throw a ball for him to catch, so Harry reached for the ball he had on the nightstand and threw it for Sammy. The second he was out, Harry walked to the shower to do his routine.

He knew Zayn is making breakfast, the smell itself was making him hungry.

When he was done, he opened the door to see Sammy waiting patiently out the door with the ball. Ready to play.

They played all the way to the kitchen.

"Did he wake you up?" Zayn smiled when he saw Harry looked still sleepy after good 9 hours of sleep.

"it's the sun's fault, not him." Harry huffed and sat on the dining table.

"you need thicker curtains," Zayn said as he poured coffee for them.

"I didn't need a bedroom a couple of months ago man."

Zayn knew he was talking about his insomnia, it was better if he didn't comment on the situation, he didn't want to open the old wounds, so he just planted a kiss on Harry's head and gave him his cup.

As they were eating the pancakes, Harry spoke up, "we need to go shopping,"

Zayn frowned, "for what?"

"new clothes, some toys-"

"we were shopping for him yesterday though." They honestly don't need anything else at the moment.

But the thing is, with Harry now, it's not the need that takes him shopping, it's boredom.

"yeah, but shopping is fun, and our clothes are getting old."

To be honest, Zayn was tired and he really wanted to stay home, but he didn't want to let Harry down, so he just smiled and nodded.

Harry smiled back and sliced a piece of his pancake, ready to give some to Sammy who was giving him those big innocent blue eyes.

"Harry! Don't!" Zayn panicked.

"why not? He wants some."

"He eats everything you give him, he can't eat our food." Zayn tried to reason with Harry,

"oh," Harry smiled at the dog and ate the piece himself, "sorry Sammy."

Zayn shook his head, it was nice to be around the warmth of Harry and Sammy after feeling almost dead for so long, he felt alive.

"I'll do the dishes, you go get ready," Harry offered when they were done with breakfast.

When Harry was sure Zayn was out of the eyeshot, he picked his plate, there were some small pancake pieces and syrup on it, and with a smile, he offered it to Sammy, who licked away happily.

And when he was done, he bolted out of the kitchen like he wanted to tell Zayn what happened.

It's been two hours since they were shopping, and well, they bought everything they slightly liked.

For example, when Harry saw Zayn is looking at a shirt for more than 10 seconds, he would just pick it for him.

Sometimes he would pick a matching one for himself too.