Chapter 53

The atmosphere was simply toxic, in every aspect, they were all scared, all had their eyes on the operation room door, all making different scenarios in their heads, thinking about what-ifs.

Harry was feeling the worse though, after one hour of surgery, he felt like he was physically unable to cry, talk, walk, to think even, he was sure he had everything planned out, for every what ifs he had an answer.

Well, it was either Zayn would come back or Harry goes with him, that was the only thing he was 100% sure of. Win, win.

He was still laying on the bench next to Liam, still had his eyes on the ceiling, his mind was empty, his eyes showed no emotions, but his heart was still going crazy, and it was like he couldn't do much about it and he just accepted it, the stress inside was not controllable, all the movements Liam saw Harry having was one, blinking and two chewing on his lips.

"Stop it," Liam said when he saw Harry's lips are bleeding.

Harry frowned, "stop what?" his voice was rough, yet lacking in emotions.

"your lips are bleeding,"

Harry just nodded, closing his eyes, he was tired of white walls, he was tired of the smell, he was tired of running on the edge of his life, he didn't know it, he wasn't doing it on purpose, but he held his breath, just to block the smell for some times.

He smiled, it was nice not to breathe in the toxic air, "Harry?" Liam's voice dragged him out of the heaven he was in.

"what Liam?"

Liam didn't say anything, half scared of Harry's behavior. An hour ago he was crying and now it's like he is not feeling anything. That's why he decided to bring some water for everyone, Harry just shook his head, attempted to sit up for some time, it was harder than he imagined, it made him a bit dizzy, he tried not to show it though.

Meanwhile, in the operation room, everything was going quite smoothly, the risks were higher since Zayn was in a coma, which made the situation more intense, but they were all doing their best to save the boy.

Doctor Horan looked at the clock, it was time to give the family some updates, so he sent one of his nurses out, and boy, when they saw her out this early they all panicked.

Well, except for Harry, he didn't have the energy to get up and jump towards the nurse for some news, he just looked at them, watched them listen to her as she told them everything is going just fine for now, and they shouldn't worry cause Zayn is a strong boy.

Harry let out a breath of relief, pulling his hair out of his face. Liam offered him some water, he refused, "drink, now,"

"Who are you? my father? For fuck's sake Liam, let me be." Harry huffed and closed his eyes, they were burning like hell, his throat was dry, his skin was cold, and he knew he was pale too, but in all honestly, he didn't want to be ok.

Who feels ok when the love of their life is under the blade? That's a sin.

You'd think he was dragging himself to death, but no, that was not the case. He was waiting, looking to see which side he should choose, and being in this state of weakness was making him a bit more carefree, he didn't have the luxury to care for himself, his mind was not letting him burn more energy than necessary, so that's why he was sitting there like a statue. Waiting for the results.

They decided not to bother Harry anymore, one by one they would go out to have some fresh air, to eat something, even Donya would leave every now and then, but the only thing Harry did was to lay back on the bench, he was afraid to move, to miss something.

6 hours, that's what they were expecting, not more, and when it turned out to be 15 minutes more, all of them started to panic, mostly they tried to hide it, for Harry's sake, Harry wasn't trying, but he couldn't show anything, to show how he actually felt, his blood was running cold through his veins, his breathing was getting more shallow as the clock ran on and on without a single word from the doctors.