Chapter 46

If I want to keep it simple, Harry felt on edge, like he needed a good scream, but we all know it wasn't possible, he had to keep himself sane for as long as possible, Liam was sitting right next to him in the waiting room, he was talking to Harry, but he felt alone.

Closing his eyes, taking a deep breath, Harry got up from his seat, he just needed some air, he felt too trapped to stay there.

There were some reports, obviously, he made it to the news, but then he heard the familiar voice, "fuck," it was Sammy with a lady holding his leash.

"hey, I'm so sorry I didn't know if I can approach you or not, but you kinda left him in the park, I didn't know what else to do, so I just brought him here?" the lady said in one breath, she knew who she was talking to, and from the look of it, there was not a good time to bother Harry.

With a smile Harry bent down and hugged Sammy, "I'm so sorry buddy," he mumbled with a sniff, then he looked at the lady, "thank you so much, I don't know how I can repay you," his eyes were red from trying so hard to keep his tears from running down. It was harder than he imagined.

"There is no need for that, take care of yourself, Mr. Styles." She said with a sad smile and just gave him the leash and left, it was too much for her, she was his fan, and seeing him like that broke her in ways that were not explainable, she could almost feel Harry's pain. Just too much.

Harry was a bit shocked, but it didn't last long, he just called Liam and asked him to take care of Sammy.

Before leaving, Liam gave Harry a water bottle, at this point he was begging him to be careful, but Harry was too foolish even for that.

What do they say? Fake it till you make it? That was what Harry was aiming for because he could feel his blood going cold every time he recalled what happened in the park, but he needed to stay strong for once.

Walking back and forth in the waiting room was not helping the time to pass faster, he just needed to see Zayn again, and the doctors were taking too much time to get him ready. Harry didn't even know that he was biting on his nails till someone slapped his hand, "Louis? What are you doing here?"

Louis was oddly calm, he looked kind to him and for once it didn't look like he had something sassy coming right up, "Liam told me what happened, I couldn't just stay home Harry." And what Harry didn't need at the moment? Someone crying in front of him.

Louis wasn't sobbing, but he was open with his feelings, he did let tears run down, "can he have visitors?"

Harry ran his fingers through his hair, maybe a bit too roughly, "not yet," short, cause anymore talking would lead him into sobbing.

It was silence, mostly. Every now and then they would hear about a death, the environment was too toxic for someone who didn't want to break down, he wanted to catch himself before he falls, cause who knows what happens when he falls and finally breaks down.

Believe it or not, Harry knew by the way Dr. Horan breathed that it was him who walked in the waiting room, if Harry had the energy he would've jumped towards him, "can I see him now?"

"yes, follow me, you have to change your clothing a bit,"

They gave him a gown, gloves, shoe covers, and a mask. He was ready to go inside, him only, the more they got closer, the more he knew he was nowhere near ready to see Zayn on the hospital bed.

The doctor could hear Harry's ragged breathing, maybe it wasn't a good idea.

"are you ok? You don't have to do this," some people are not made for dealing with stuff like this and as a doctor, he could see Harry did not know how to cope with the situation.