Chapter 10

Harry woke up feeling fresh, he actually slept and no dreams or well nightmares disturbed him. He was calm, peaceful even, he did his routine, gym then shower, when he was changing in something for work, he remembered his plan, it was weird cuz he didn't even once think about it when he woke up, he didn't know what to even do, should he go on with the plan? Or just let it be?

Deciding to think about it later, he got to his car and drove to his company, after couple of days, it was his first to be early, he made his coffee and sat in his office, doing some of the stuff he couldn't take care of in past days.

Its funny cuz Zayn woke up just as peaceful, he thought maybe he can live? Maybe he can take the lead of his life in his hands again? Maybe he can get Victor to love him again? That would be nice, he needed a plan though.

Looking at the clock on his nightstand it was around 10, it was crazy how he woke up this early, he knew Victor was out for work, maybe he could surprise him?

He slowly got up from the bed, took a quick shower, and made his way to the kitchen, maybe he could cook for his husband?

It was rather a hard task, it's been a long time since last time he cooked something, but he managed some pasta, it wasn't much, but he was hoping Victor would let him stay so they can eat together.

With just knowing the name of the company, he packed the food so it would stay warm and made his way to bus station, he didn't have a phone to google the location, so he had to ask around, when he got there though, he was awestruck by the glory of the building itself, he pulled himself together, it was getting a little hard to breath, he was nervous, but they are in public so Victor can't hurt him, well at least not now.

When he step in, the security guard stopped him.

"how can I help you, sir" the guy asked as he stand in front of him.

"um hi, em, I'm Zayn Cox, em Victor Cox is my husband, I'm here to um give him his lunch" to prove his point he showed the guy the lunch pack.

"oh ok, I'll just need to take a quick look in the pack" well it was needed for security.

Zayn nodded and let him to check, "alright sir, he is on the second floor, the elevators are there"

"t-thank you" he didn't know why exactly he stuttered, but maybe the thought of going in a lift with other people around him was the reason.

He thought it's just two floors, he can climb the stairs, it's easier.

He finally made it there, he was still in shock that how Victor could manage to find a job in such a big company. He looked around the floor and saw his husband in a glass walls office, working.

Zayn gathered all of his courage and ignored all the judging eyes on him.

"hi victor" Zayn mumbled, with a small voice, honestly waiting for the worst reaction.

For a second there, Victor thought he went crazy, like he heard Zayn's voice in his imagination, but he was proven wrong when he looked up from his laptop.

"wh- what the hell are you doing here?" he whisper-yelled, getting up to shut the door, cursing the glass walls under his breath.

"i-I made some lu-luch, I thought we could eat together?" Zayn said, looking at his shoes, when did they get this old and worn out?

"you brought lun- what in the world are you even wearing?! Oh god look how they are looking at you!" he was right, it seemed like everyone in the floor were looking at him.

Zayn took a quick glance at his surrounding, he could feel his breath trapping in his chest, it was getting scary way too fast.

As the CEO of the company, it was Harry's task to look around the building, making sure everything was going smoothly, and of course making sure everyone was working.

He starts with the first floor, just showing himself to his employees, some of them would talk to him about their improvements, some others would be too scared to talk or even look at him.

Finally, after half an hour of roaming in the first floor he walked to the lift to check the second floor, it was weird to see people so quiet at this floor, it was sales floor for goodness sake, these people never stop talking, one thing that caught his attention was the small hashed voice coming from one of the offices, obviously they were all trying to see what was happening.

He didn't make a noise, he wanted to know what was this interesting for them to stop working for the sake of finding out.

Some saw harry and started working instantly, when he got closer, he was shocked, it was them, the cox family, fighting in his company, fighting, victor's face was red from all the anger and the shouts that he had to control, and Zayn? It seemed like he was gonna pass out, again, he was wiping his tears with back of his hand, biting his lips not to make a sound.

When Victor took a deep breath and looked around, he made eye contact with him, harry for a second thought he should go and show himself to Zayn, maybe Victor would stop shouting at him? But then he turned around and left, like he didn't see anything.

Victor was staring at harry, watching him leave, then Zayn looked at him and turned to see what he was looking at, he saw nothing.

"ya know what? Just leave, I'll deal with you later" Victor huffed, massaging his temple.

"V-Victor I-I swear I just-" he didn't get to finish, Victor took his hand and led him to elevator, yeah he knew how Zayn hated that thing.

"just go home" and with that he was back to his office, he thought maybe he should apologize to his boss?

Zayn controlled his breathing, forcing himself to remember this thing won't fall, people won't bother him, and when it stopped, he ran out, literally.

He bumped to people on his way out, but did he care? No, he wanted ­out. He didn't even look up to see who he bumped to, he would mumble a 'sorry' and he would keep running, so to say Liam was shocked to see him in this state when Zayn ran to him was an underestimate.

Liam's mind was racing with questions, like why Zayn looked like he saw a ghost? Did he bump to harry?! So the first thing he did was meeting his friend, yeah he didn't knock again and just went straight in, he didn't expect to see harry talking to victor.

"oh- I'll come back later"

"its fine, Mr. Cox was leaving" harry said with a smile, a smile, he shouldn't be smiling.

They did a formal handshake and Victor left.

"mind telling me what the fuck is going on? I saw Zayn running out of company" he asked, going in front of Harry's desk.

"I know and I invited Victor for dinner tonight, just him"

Yeah Liam's jaw hit the floor.

*************************************************

thanks for reading :)