Chapter 59

Louis stood by his promise and gave the keys before everyone had to leave, now Zayn wanted this vacation to be magical, something they won't forget.

Maybe even be their new start.

Harry always told him, the day they came back home from the hospital was the day their love was born again. But to Zayn it was a little depressing, yes to someone as dramatic as Harry that could be a perfect start, not to Zayn, he wanted something to look back at with a smile, not tears.

The problem was, convincing Harry to go with him somewhere without spoiling the surprise, was not exactly that easy.

And he didn't know how to drive, so Harry had to be the driver.

It wasn't a big deal though, giving him puppy eyes would most definitely work.

When they got home that night, they didn't talk much, both were too tired to do anything but to take a shower and sleep, but to everyone's surprise, Zayn woke up after 2 hours, he was used to not getting enough sleep, he just had to pack their bags for a couple of days, make a sandwich for them to eat in the car, he would wake Harry up for help, but we know drivers need more sleep anyways.

From what louis had told him, the cabin had everything, they just had to take clothes with them.

There was a rush in Zayn's blood, it was familiar though, all of us feel it when we have to wake up early for a vacation, he was sleepy, sure, but his hands were still shaking with excitement.

When the clock read 5, Zayn knew he had to wake Harry up if they wanted to hit the road before traffic gets too heavy.

"Harry? Babe, wake up." Zayn whispered as he brushed the hair off Harry's face, loving the feeling of Harry's hot skin on the cold tips of his fingers.

Harry grunted under his breath, pushing his face further on the pillow, he had 4 hours of sleep, and from how heavy his head was he knew he needed at least 2 more hours to be functional. So he ignored the voice who told him to wake up. Easy.

"love? I have something planned for us, wake up for me," he knew it was too much to ask for, but it was so important for him, he didn't want to wait.

"can't it wait?" Harry huffed, his voice muffled by the pillow.

Zayn smiled, "it could, I can't."

A frown formed on Harry's face, he opened his eyes to look at Zayn, "wha?"

"it's a surprise, just trust me?" Harry stared at the boy, who was pulling the best bambi eyes he could manage, trying to see if he could read from his face what's going on.

"where are we going?" Harry tried again, as he was fumbling with his belt.

Zayn stayed silent, he gave Harry another smile, which shined up his face so beautifully that Harry decided not to ask him anything further.

Giving Harry his coffee to wake him up, Zayn took a can of Harry's favorite energy drink too, he couldn't have the driver sleeping on the road.

They put Sammy under Louis' care for a couple of days, who was not really happy with waking up at 6 AM to babysit.

Working with the gps on the car proven to be harder than Zayn imagined, but he managed it at last, and Harry enjoyed watching him concentrate on it, he offered his help but Zayn swat his hand away, he wanted to do it himself.

It was so hard not to question Zayn when they left the city, Harry was getting too curious now, "how do you even know a place outside of the city?"

There was the silence again, so Harry pulled the car over, he was not gonna go somewhere that Zayn knew from his time with victor, he just couldn't.