Despair

Y/n's pov

I am sitting in the room that was prepared underground for me to use in case of an emergency. I have recently been moving supplies here so it would be able to be a proper emergency shelter. I just finished putting in medical supplies and rations in the room. The reason I was preparing this area was due to the riots going on. The reserve course students have started becoming more violent which has put a lot of people on edge. A few main course students have already left the school to go home from fear of the rioting. Aiko was one of the people that had went back to her home. I had asked her to take Monaca with her, which she agreed to so I wouldn't have to worry about either of them getting hurt. There have been many problem at the school lately; The teachers couldn't teach classes due to the constant meeting about what to do in the case that the riots break into the school, Mikan was still missing, and the 2 that tried to force the student council to kill each other had not been found yet. Despite all the problems, my class has been going around campus searching for Mikan. They all went in groups so that nothing bad would happen if the reserve course broke in. I check in with Natsumi since she was in the reserve course, She had left the school to go back home since people started acting strange. Apparently some lady had sent out a video to all of the reserve course students, Natsumi didn't bother watching it but others had seen it and forced people to watch it. I would try to investigate the video, but there was no way for me to get a hold of it without putting someone in potential danger.  

I got up after a while and headed back up to the school, going through the vents. I got out of the vent at my room and heard a knock at the door. I walked over and opened it, seeing Chiaki standing there "good morning Chiaki" She nodded "morning..." I noticed how tired she looked "not getting much sleep?" She nodded "I haven't been sleeping well cause of all the things happening lately." I nodded and looked at the time "there is still an hour until class, would you like to come in and try to get some rest. I will take you to class when the time come and wake you" She nodded and slowly walked into my room. When she stepped in, I got a vision of spike coming from the wall and impaling Chiaki. I frowned and clenched my fists, shaking my head. Chiaki walked over and laid down on my bed, instantly falling asleep. I walked over to the bed and sat next to it, holding her hand as she slept. I kept watch of the time as I thought about how I would be able to save her. If I stayed with her the whole day I might not be able to help anyone else, which might be a problem. The biggest problem is finding out where she would get hurt like that. There wasn't anywhere I know of that would have spears like that. 

I kept thinking about what to do as I watched the time pass slowly, holding Chiaki's hand the whole time. The ticking of the clock was the only thing I could hear in the room at the moment. Most of my stuff in the room had already been moved elsewhere so that nothing would be damaged in the case of having to evacuate the school due to invaders. Chiaki's hand gripped tightly on mine suddenly, causing me to look over at her. She was still asleep but she had a look of fear on her face, no doubt having a nightmare. I carefully positioned myself to sit up on the bed, lifting her carefully and hugging her gently. She hugged onto me tightly, trembling as tears went down her sleeping face. I gently brush my hand through her hair, humming a soft tune to calm her down. I knew it worked when her tight grip loosened and tears stopped going down her face. I carefully wiped away her tears as I kept humming, looking at the time again. The ticking was less noticeable as Chiaki began to softly snore. I smiled as my hand kept brushing through her soft, short hair. She seemed to be extremely relaxed as she slept, I could tell that she really needed sleep. All the stress of holding the class together during this time while Mikan was still missing was really hard on her. Soon it would be time to head to class so I carefully lifted Chiaki onto my back and carried her to the classroom, making sure not to wake her up. There was no one there when I arrived. I put Chiaki at her desk and took off my jacket, folding it up and putting it under her head as a pillow. I sighed softly and left the classroom silently, I needed to get to work finding out where Chiaki would be in danger.