An Emergency Signal

Y/n's pov

It's been a few days since I left Towa City and returned home to the base we had made at Hopes Peak. Things have been going better now with a few extra hands to help around. All of the broken windows had been replaced, there wasn't any rubble or scrap on the ground, the utilities are all functioning, there is a stable source of food and electricity, and almost all machines are working properly. Even the outside has been restored greatly, almost looking like it did before everything happened. Everyone has their own things that they do to keep things in order. Jataro replaces statues and art things that got ruined, Masaru helps move things around, Nagisa organizes things, Kotoko checks on tools and miscellaneous things to make sure we have everything we need, Monaca helps fix and make robots to help around, Komaru keeps an eye on the radio and communication array, Toko organizes books and documents in the libraries, Mukuro walks around the area often as security, and Celestia is usually acting as a maid since she losing in gambling against me. There is also Junko, who recently arrived, but she's not allowed to touch anything without supervision. Nagito was no longer here since I had shipped him off to an island where some trusted allies were doing a secret project. 

I am currently in the communications room since Komaru told me there was a strange signal on the radio recently. I put the headphones over my ears and turned the volume up a bit. There were muffled sounds and static, but there was definitely something there. I started tuning the channel to get the signal properly until I got the clearest audio. "-MERGENCY DISTRESS SIGNAL, REPEAT. THIS IS AN AUTOMATED REPLAY OF AN EMERGENCY DISTRESS SIGNAL. PLAYING MESSAGE He-lo Is anyo-- out there?... This is Ko--mi Ikuta... I'm with a gr--p -f survivors in the ci-y... we've been trapped in an underg--und parking comp--x. If anyon- can hear this. please send he-p. We're running low on f--d, I don't know how m-ch long-r we can l-st. there are on-y f-ve of us unharmed with f--r inju--d. you don't have to take us in j-st pl--se, get us out of here!... this message should repeat every few minutes... hopefully someone gets it... THE MESSAGE HAS BEEN REPEATED 148 TIMES. NEXT REPEAT IN 20 MINUTES" I took the headphones off and turned the volume down. 

I stood up and looked at Komaru "Tell the others that I will be going out soon." she nodded and I left the room quickly, heading to my room to get ready. I quickly changed into my outside gear; a padded suit, my fox mask, the jacket Monaca and Aiko made for me, combat-grade boots, my bat, and a bag filled with a standard survival kit (Rations, bottled water, blanket, first aid kits, battery radio, extra batteries, survival knife, and a flare gun).  Once I was done, I walked out of the room and went to walk towards the exit, only to be suddenly hugged by a green blur. I look down and sighed. Taking off the mask and patting her head, I spoke to her "Monaca, you don't have to worry about me you know" She looked up at me and shook her head "Monaca does have to worry. Her big brother is going out into dangerous places." I sighed and lifted her up, looking into her eyes "You know that I'm strong, it would take a lot to kill me. So no matter how dangerous it is out there, I will come back to you." She stared back into my eyes, crying a little "but Monaca knows big brother can get hurt. Monaca doesn't want to see big brother hurt again. M-Monaca doesn't want to be alone!" I hugged her tightly "You won't be alone, not anymore. There are the other warriors of hope here, and Komaru is always willing to play with you. If you're really bored you can bother Toko or Celestia. Even Mukuro will be here for you." She sniffled a bit, hugging me. "But... I want big brother to stay with me..." I sighed and held her still "Monaca, I won't be gone long. And you know I always have a device in my pocket to talk to you." she pouted and mumbled "it's not the same..." I put her down slowly and pat her head "you're becoming clingy and overly dependent. It's okay to rely on me, but you have to be strong without me. You're my precious little sister, and I love you. So please, be strong for me, okay" She looked down and nodded slowly. I leaned down and kissed her on the forehead "I'll be back as soon as possible."