Gathering the Party: Part 2

Y/n's Pov

We began walking in silence, none of us saying anything as we walked. We were careful to avoid the Monokuma that were walking about. After a while, the path seemed to be cleared out recently since there weren't many Monokuma and the pathways seemed to have been recently cleared out. We were able to make it to the hotel with relative ease since there wasn't much in the way other than scraps of broken Monokuma. I did stop some times to pick up some usable parts for making something for Jataro to defend himself with, but we made it well before sunset regardless. I spent a bit of time clearing a way to a room, then cleaning the room, before we settled down to rest. While I started working on the weapon for Jataro, a loud explosion rang out nearby. I stood up quickly and looked out the window, seeing the bridge out of the city collapsing. On the bridge I spotted 3 people running back towards the city, trying to outrun the collapsing bridge behind them. I frown and put my mask on and grabbed my bat"Stay put you two, I'm gonna go down there" Kotoko grabbed my hand gently "Be safe big bro" I nodded and pat her head "Don't worry, nothing bad will happen to me" She nodded and let go. I walked towards the door and looked back at them "Dont open the door for anyone unless I am there, okay?" they nodded and I headed out. 

It didn't take me long to get out to the bridge, once there I saw the 3 people panting just barely out of collapsed area of the bridge. I recognized Komaru and Toko, but the 3rd person wasn't someone I had met yet. I walk over slowly and spoke up "Hey, are you 3 okay?" They all turned to me, Getting into different stances. Toko jumped behind Komaru like she was trying to use her as a shield, Komaru held up her hacking gun, and the boy was in a sloppy, generic fighting stance. I sighed and shook my head "I'm not an enemy, you don't have to be so cautious"  Komaru kept her hacking gun up until Toko pushed her out of the way and ran over to me, hugging onto me "Master Y/n!" I chuckled and pat her head "A little too excited there Toko. and be more careful. loud noises will attract unwanted attention to this area." She nodded and let go of me "s-sorry master." I shook my head and looked over at the other 2. Komaru had put her hacking gun back on her skirt but the other person was still in a sloppy fighting pose. I sighed and walked over to the "Who's the kid Komaru?" she scratches the back of her head "he isn't really a kid. umm.... This is Yuta Asahina." 

I looked at him "Asahina huh? So you must be Aoi's little brother then. I'm Y/n Kamukura." he stared at me, relaxing his stance a bit "You know my sister? Where is she? Is she safe?" I sighed "Aoi is safe. She's in the care of Future foundation at the moment." he nodded and sighed. "alright... well, enough of that! It's time to overcome this despair and get off this stupid island" I stared at him "How do you plan to do that?" He started stretching "Well, If I can't use the bridge, then I'll just swim to the other side and get help from there" I sighed and chopped the back of his head, causing him to stop stretching and hold the spot that i chopped "Ow! What was that for?" "That was for being an idiot. Not only would you get hypothermia from even attempting that, but the waves are too strong at this time and you wouldn't even make it to the other side. Even if you made it to the other side, the situation out there is pretty much worse than it is here. Your only chance of getting of this island safely is to find the future foundation evacuation forces. They should have set up a base by now, They will be able to protect you until all of the living captives are found" 

Komaru frowned "but, the future foundation members that were sent here were killed by the monokuma at the start of this." I sighed and shook my head "They aren't stupid enough to only send one unit. They usually send a recon unit, then a active unit, then a mission unit. Byakuya is in charge of active and mission units, but usually takes part in the active unit. That's why he was looking for you. All of the captives here are related to the members of Hope's peak academy's 78th class. there should be 15 in total, with you and Yuta being here, that leaves 13 others. 11 people, 1 cat, and a stink bug" Toko huffed "Kameko is not just a stink bug!" I pat her head "I know Toko, She is very precious to you." Yuta frowned and spoke "how would we even make it to this evacuation place and how could we even find it?" I looked at him "Komaru has the hacking gun that can deal with Monokuma, and Toko can accompany you both. As for finding it, You'll just have to search around the town, it will also help you find other survivors and captives that can help you." Toko pouts "do I have to stay with them master?" I pat her head again "yes, while my main objective is to find my sister, there are still the other captives that need to be found. So you need to protect the captives until they are safe." She nodded "Okay master, I'll do this for you." I nodded and sighed "alright, for now you 3 need to find somewhere to camp out. maybe set up a base to rest in during night time. I need to get back to the people I'm with" Komaru speaks out "wait, cant we just come with you?" I looked at her "no, the people I'm with don't trust people they don't know. As long as you three stay together you should be fine, so don't worry."