Protecting Hope part 1

Y/n's Pov

After lunch

Once lunch had finished there wasn't anything that I had to teach them for the day since they had already finished, so I decided to let them have free time till class was over, as long as they didn't leave the room or destroy anything. I sat down and looked back at my phone to check if I was sent any more messages, it showed that my message was read but there weren't any responses to it so far. I looked at the students to see what they were up to. Monaca was just sitting at her desk drawing, Nagisa was sitting at the side of Monaca's desk watching her draw, Kotoko was sitting at her desk looking down at something she was keeping hidden, Jataro was drawing silently at his desk, and Masaru was listening to music. This was really strange to me, according to all the files that I was giving, these students were constantly causing problems for others, that was why they had a rotation cycle for who would be teaching them, but right now they weren't doing anything. The only problems that they have caused what the pranks they had set up that didn't even work since they were very obvious. 

 I looked around the classroom to see if there was anything around that could show why teaching them was considered a burden other than the pranks. The classroom wasn't very well maintained; some lights weren't working, the walls were old and faded, the shelves were broken, the place looked like it could fall apart. The more I looked around the more terrible the room seemed, it was as if they didn't even bother to take care of this classroom anymore. I looked up at the ceiling again, the tiles were cracked, some of the lights had missing screws, and the air vent was taped on. I stared at the lights with missing screws, one of them looked like it could fall at any moment, and I guess that moment would be now. Time seemed to slow down for me and I looked down to what would be under the light. Kotoko and Jataro both sat under the light, and would both be hit by it falling. I jumped over the teachers desk quickly, I pulled Kotoko aside so she was out of the way and looked at Jataro. I wouldn't be able to move him out of the way so I would have to get the light to fall away from him, I decided to use my head, literally. Since the light was inches away from my head, I headbutted it out of the way. 

In hindsight, I shouldn't have done that. The bulb shattered onto my head as the light was knocked out of the way. some glass was stuck in my face, but none of it hit any of the students. Time went back to it's regular speed and I looked at Jataro and Kotoko "are you two alright?" they both stared at me, not saying anything. I felt some blood run down my forehead as the room was silent, suddenly the door was slammed open. It was a teacher that had opened the door, they had a scowl on their face "What happened in here, I heard a crash" the teacher looked around the room, seeing the paint splattered on the floor, the tacs on the ground by the front desk, the broken light on the floor, and then at me. they glared at the students "it was these damn trouble makers again wasn't it? you little shits took it too far this time! This guy took time off from his classes to come teach you and now you hurt him" I felt angry, sure they were trouble makers, but they shouldn't be accused for everything. sure, most of the mess was their fault, but they did pranks that would be minor inconveniences. I clenched my fists and glared at the teacher "Shut up" the teacher looked at me shocked "what did you just say! I'm on your side here. These little shit heads need to be punished!" this time I yelled "STOP CALLING THEM LITTLE SHITS! THEY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!" they teacher took a step back, I kept yelling at him, less loud this time "they did not cause the light to fall! This room is already falling apart and it's clear that none of you give enough shits about their safety to fix it!" I was clenching my fists too hard and my nails started digging into my palms, causing my palms to start bleeding. "Get the hell out of my classroom." the teacher stood there, still shocked. "I SAID GET OUT. NOW!" 

the teacher ran out of the class and I sighed, feeling light headed. I walked back over to the front desk and sat down in the chair. I took out my phone and used the camera to see where the glass shards were. I carefully pulled out the glass and set them in a glass disposal bin. After I had finished I took out some bandages from my bag and wrapped them around the wounded areas. Self medical care was always sloppy, but it would have to do until I could have someone else help. The classroom was still completely silent, the students watching my every move like I was some rare creature. I slowly got up and walked over to the closet, taking out a broom and dustpan. I walked back to my desk and swept up all the tacs that were scattered about, dumping them into a container for sharp objects. They were still watching me but didn't say anything. after a bit of awkward silence, the bell rang to indicate the end of school. "alright class, enjoy the rest of your day. Please be careful not to step on any glass on your way out of the room" After a bit more silence, Monaca and Nagisa both left the room, soon followed by Masaru. Jataro did a quick head bow before rushing out of the room, following after the other 2. Kotoko slowly started walking out, before stopping at the doorway and looking back at me "th-thank you for protecting us...." I smiled at her "you don't have to thank me, I told you all before that I was going to save you. and I meant it" she looked down and nodded, running off the same way the others went. Now that they were all gone, I spent time cleaning up the messes in the classroom. It took me a few minutes but after I finished I picked up my stuff and headed out, I stopped by the teachers lounge and set down the school book on my way out. When I got outside I checked my phone to see if I had any messages. There was one from Hiyoko from a few minutes ago so I opened up the text chat 

Cutie in a Kimono: You better come to class tomorrow or I'm gonna be very angry!