Spending a bit of free time

y/n's pov

After cleaning up the restaurant, I figured it would be time for Kazuichi and Hajime to meet down at the beach. I started walking toward the beach, and when I got there, I saw Kazuichi and Teruteru. I raised an eyebrow and spoke up "Did Hajime get replaced with Teruteru?" Kazuichi let out a noise of shock "What! When did you get here!?" I sighed "I wasn't even that quiet with my approach... Now answer the question" Teruteru spoke up "I came along after hearin' that there was gonna be a coconut party, drinking from a fresh coconut isn't something I got to do since I spent most of my time in places like Aoyama and Azabu." I nodded and looked at a pile of coconuts that they had gathered. "Those are the ones you're planning on drinking from?" Kazuichi nodded "Yup, they're pretty huge right?" I picked one up and moved it around a bit "The size of the ingredient doesn't matter.... lucky it seems they are pretty good quality" I turned as I heard footsteps approaching. Hajime approached with metal straws in one hand and the replica sword he mentioned earlier in the other. "Hey, I brought both the straws and the sword just in case. I hope that's alright" I stared at him for a moment "I suppose that's fine, hand the straws here." 

Hajime handed me the straws and I repositioned the coconut that I was holding. I was going to show them how to insert the straw into the coconut properly, but I was interrupted by an arm being slung over my shoulder and a very energetic Ibuki speaking up "What's going on over here? A bunch of boys hunched together on a beach, Ibuki senses something fun" I sighed a bit and looked at her "We're just having a bit of a coconut drinking party. I was just about to show them how to properly drink from a coconut without cutting it open" Ibuki stared at me silently for a moment, then looked down at the coconut in my hand "Ohhhh! Ibuki wants in! And since I brought Peko along she should join as well." Peko appeared behind Ibuki "You did not bring me along, you simply followed me while I was training." Ibuki laughed and let go of me and wrapped her arm around Peko. I shook my head a bit and looked at the coconut again, quickly stabbing the straw into the weakest part of the coconut and holding it out to Kazuichi. He stared at it "Woah, that actually works!? I thought it was just some bullshit myth" I sighed and shook my head "It's very difficult to do without knowing exactly where to strike. just look for a weak point and strike, quite similar to many other things." I did the same thing to the other coconuts that were gathered, and everyone that had gathered soon had their own to drink from. 

Kazuichi and Teruteru both exaggerated the taste of the coconut, complimenting it and being a little dramatic. Hajime was more reserved, not really understanding the appeal. Ibuki was enjoying it and talking about how she was getting ideas for a new song from it. Peko was extremely out of place in the group, she didn't react at all to it and looked slightly uncomfortable with the situation. After a while, things seemed to calm down and leisurely conversations started. Teruteru talked about all the foods he wanted to cook, getting Kazuichi and Ibuki involved in some sort of planning for all the foods he should cook. Peko was staring at Hajime, specifically the replica sword he had on him. After realizing he was being stared at, Hajime spoke up "umm, Is something wrong Peko?" She crossed her arms a bit "Why are you carrying a sword with you? Did you remember your talent having something to do with a sword?" Hajime shook his head "no, uh. It's just a replica sword that was in my cabin. I brought it along cause originally Kazuichi wanted to split the coconuts open to drink from them" Peko nodded and closed her eyes "I see... that's a shame" 

Hajime stared at her "Umm.. is there any reason you asked?" Peko turned away and spoke "If you had some knowledge of using a sword, I was going to ask for a spar. I wish to keep my skills sharp and training against others is one of the best ways." Hajime nodded "I see... I don't think I'd be any help for that, the most I've done related to a sword is pretending that sticks were swords as a kid...." Peko sighed "I see..."  I spoke up "If you're looking for someone to spar with, then I might be able to fill that role. I do have a bit of knowledge related to swordsmanship." Peko quickly turned and stared at me "Then how about a spar now" I looked at Hajime "Would you mind if I borrowed that replica sword?" Hajime took the replica sword off his back and held it out to me "I don't know if it'd be any good... but you can use it." I carefully took it and examined it "the blade itself is flimsy and would probably break easily, but the sheath is sturdy enough to use as a training sword." Peko nodded and took her bamboo sword off her back, holding it in a standard position. I ensured the sheath would stay in place and got into my own position. Kazuichi spoke out "Woah, are you guys seriously gonna start a fight now!?" Peko and I both turned and looked at him, speaking at the same time "It's not a fight, It's a just spar" Kazuichi shouted, pointing a finger at us "What's the difference!" Hajime nervously stepped back "I think we should give them a bit of space"