Gathering the Party: Part 3

Warning, this chapter is fucked up. not just in a poorly written way.

Y/n's pov

I picked Nagisa up carefully, putting Jataro's staff in my bag before holding Nagisa's head to my chest while I went for the exit. I made sure he wouldn't be able to see the mess that was the mech with a growing pool of blood under it. I walked up to Kotoko and Jataro and smiled at them "let's head back to the hotel, Nagisa really needs to rest." they both nodded and so we headed back to the hotel. There weren't any monokuma around the path as we walked, which was good but still slightly concerning. We got to the hotel before noon, heading back to the room that we had cleaned the last time we were here. I set Nagisa down on the bed and carefully used a monokuma claw to cut the shock collar off his neck. He flinched a bit, but stayed still so he wouldn't get hurt. I set the shock collar off to the side and put my bag down. "Do you have any cuts or scrapes?" He shook his head, looking down. I sighed a bit and took out some food and water. handing him a bit. "Here, you need to eat a bit and get some rest. Kotoko and Jataro can look after you while I go out and get Masaru." He stared down at the food, nodding slowly before starting to eat. I gave Jataro his staff back, taking my baseball bat from him before heading out. 

I made sure my mask was properly over my face as I walked down the road. The streets were empty of Monokuma, but there was still evidence that they had been around. Claw marks in the pavement, smashed and torn apart vehicles, dried blood stains, and some broken claws left around the street. Even with the lack of Monokuma, there weren't any people around. The streets were completely silent other than the sound of the wind and sparking electricity from torn cables. My footstep echoed as I made it to the sports museum. The outside of the building was covered in blood, there were some bodies hung from the roof, and what used to be statues were now desecrated by having Monokuma heads replacing any round objects on them. I sighed and pulled my bat out, walking up to the door. I pushed the doors open and looked around, seeing that the entire place was remodeled. Instead of exhibits for famous players or events, There was an obstacle course that looked like a horrible carnival challenge. A LED sign flashed on an archway, 'Trials of Treachery. Enter here.' As stepped into the doorway and immediately a voice rang out "Welcome, Y/n. I've been waiting for you. You know, ever since you got me arrested, I've wanted to smash your head in and chain you up while I break everything you love. Now I've gotten a chance to do just that. I was given an offer by the boss, If I can beat you with the shit he provided, then I get to do whatever I want with the little shits that you seem to care so much about. So hurry up. I'm waiting at the end of the Trials." 

I glared at the speaker before looking back at the obstacle course. Right after the archway, there were two paths of glass, obviously one wouldn't be able to hold much weight. Bellow the bridges there was a deep pit with spikes at the bottom. There were a few bodies already down there, but even if I managed to survive a fall down, there was no way out of the pit. I looked at the glass before sighing and hitting one with the baseball bat, instead of breaking, the bat bounced off. I sighed and looked at the other bridge, hitting it with the same amount of force. Immediately half of the bridge shattered, showing that only half of the bridge was going to break. I sighed, guessing the same would be true for the one that didn't break. I slowly stepped onto the bridge that was left, and felt it bow slightly. I stepped carefully towards the middle, the glass bowing more the closer I got. When I started hearing cracking, I jumped to the other bridge, running quickly towards the safe spot as both bridges began falling. I managed to grab onto the ledge before the bridge completely fell, carefully pulling myself up instead of looking down. After I got up, the voice spoke out again "You survived that? good thing that wasn't the only thing there. You know, I think I know what I'm gonna do after I beat you. First I'll torture you, slowly of course. Then I'll make you watch as I carve up the worthless child of mine."  I grit my teeth as I stood up, ignoring his taunting as I looked ahead.