Towa Tower

Y/n's pov

In the center of the island city, a large tower could be seen from anywhere on the island. Primarily made of steel and glass, this tower was the heart of the city. Even now, despite the destruction of the city, the tower stood with no damages to it. At the top of this tower, Monaca is being held captive. Here at the bottom of the tower, I am standing with 4 children carrying weapons as if they are a part of a fantasy game's hero party. Kotoko had her claw gauntlets, Jataro had his claw staff, Masaru had a sword and shield with claws added to them, And Nagisa had a pair of stun batons. I looked at each of them to make sure they were ready before opening the doors and entering the tower. 

The lobby had a feeling of discomfort. It was perfectly clean; floors polished, windows clear, reception desk spotless. Yet despite its clean look, it was empty and completely silent. Our footsteps echoed around the room, breaking the silence only for moments before the suffocating silence continued. It felt alone and sad in here. 

We approached the stairs, finding them to be just as clean and empty. We had to travel up the stairs since the elevator wouldn't work without a key card. The children seemed to be on edge as we walked up. Eventually, we made it to a large set of double doors that lead into the meeting room. I opened the doors slowly and looked inside. The meeting room was different than when I came here years ago. The large table was gone, instead, it was a ring of chairs around the walls of the room. There was a single large chair at the head of the room, in that chair sat Haiji. He looked up and stared at us, as we entered the room. After a while of silence, he finally spoke up "Kamukura. You're finally here..." He stood up and approached slowly, stopping a few feet away from us before continuing to speak "Let's just get straight to business here." The children lifted their weapons slightly, getting ready for a fight. The tension in the room was almost tangible. The silence only added to the tension, and after a long wait, Haiji started moving. Haiji lifted his arms up slowly before taking in a deep breath and dropping into a dogeza position "You have to get me away from that crazy bastard! Please, I'll do anything you want me to, just get me away from here!" I stared at him blankly for a moment before responding "What?" 

He lifted his head slightly, a pained expression on his face "That white-haired freak. At first what he was saying sounded enticing. Ruling the city, being the boss, doing whatever I want to anyone. But now... I can't stand him! Every day, every single fucking day! He just won't shut up about hope and despair. Do you know how awful it is to sit through 18 hours of nothing but rambling? Hope this, ultimate that, Hope hope hope hope. I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE!" He grabbed onto my shoes and stared up at me, tears going down his face now "I'll tell you where Monaca is, I'll show you how to shut down the Monokuma, I'll give you anything I have. Just please! SAVE ME!" I stared down at him for a while before sighing and tapping him lightly with my bat. "Take me to Monaca, and I'll take care of your Nagito problem." He let go of my shoes slowly and stared up at me for a while before nodding and standing up quickly. "She's this way." he started walking down the hall, going to a hall that wasn't here the last time I visited. 

He stopped when we got to the large doors at the end of the hall, looking back at me. "She's in there, but he might be in there with her." I nodded and put my hand on his shoulder. "You go turn off the monokuma while I deal with this." he nodded slowly before speaking "If I shut them off now, then people will realize that Towa group was responsible for this mess in the first place" I sighed and shook my head "OR, you tell them that Towa group developed a large range hacking device that shut off all of the monokuma." He stared at me for a moment before nodding "yeah... that might work. why didn't I think of that." Kotoko immediately responded "Because you're an idiot" He stared at her for a moment before hanging his head down and walking away "Yeah... you might be right." After he was out of sight, I looked at the doors and sighed, pushing them open.