New years events

Y/n's pov 

It was currently 10 pm, and I was helping Monaca put on a kimono. I was going to be taking Monaca up to a temple for new years, which made her pretty excited. A festival normally happens around the temple so Monaca had been asking me nonstop to take her. I tied the Kimono sash around Monaca and looked at her "there you go, is it too tight?" Monaca shook her head and smiled "Its perfect, Monaca likes it" I nodded and pat her head "alright, do you want me to do your hair next or are you fine with it" she looked at herself in the mirror "Do Monaca's hair!" I nodded and grabbed a brush, putting a chair in front of me "Sit down" She sat on the chair and I started to brush her hair. She sat there and hummed as I brushed, watching me through the mirror. I chuckled and finished quickly "there you go" Monaca got up and examined herself in the mirror before looking at me "Monaca likes it, what does big brother think? Is Monaca cute?" I chuckled and nodded "yep, very cute. Now, lets hurry and get going. We wouldn't want to get there late and miss the countdown." Monaca nodded and grabbed onto my arm. The walk was quiet other than the occasional question about the festival from Monaca, but I didn't really mind. 

As soon as we got to the temple we saw a bunch of stands selling charms and food, they were a little over priced for the quality. Monaca immediately went over to one of the places that sold charms and looked over all the charms there, listening to the person explaining how the charms worked. Monaca eventually asked me to buy one of the charms for her, so as her big brother I did. She ended up getting a hope charm, saying that it would make is so she was never lonely when I wasn't with her. After looking around at the other things we headed up the hill to a viewing area. The temple had a view of the city, which was full of life despite it being so late at night. Monaca let go of me and over to the wooden rail as she stared at the city, smiling. I smiled and took out a camera that I brought with me. "Monaca, Look over at me" She turned around and looked at me and I took a picture. She giggled "Take a picture of both of us!" I nodded and walked over to her, lifting her up onto the rail and holding her steady as I used my other arm to hold the camera "ready?" She nodded and smiled wide. I smiled as well and took a picture, setting her down on the ground again. "Monaca wants to take a picture of big brother now!" I nodded and handed her the camera. She went over to were I was standing when I took a picture of her and took a picture. I walked over to her and pat her head gently, putting the camera away. Monaca giggled and hugged me "thank you big brother" I picked her up and held her "No need to thank me. It's my job to make sure you are happy" She nodded and held tightly onto me "will the count start soon?" I nodded and looked at the time on my phone. "It's gonna start in a few seconds." She nodded and looked up at the moon. Soon we could hear the chants of people counting down from 10. Monaca counted silently with them, and when the count hit 0, a firework was set off in the sky as people cheered out their 'happy new year.' 

Monaca held onto me still, giggling as I sat down on a bench. I looked at her and set her down on the bench next to me. She held my arm and leaned on me "Thank you for saving Monaca. . . Monaca never thought she could be happy like this" I looked over at her and saw tears running down her face. I hugged her, wiping her tears away "don't cry Monaca" she hugged me back, crying more "M-Monaca is just so happy. Sh-She can't help it" I held onto her as she kept crying, holding me as if I would disappear if she let go. I rubbed the back of her head gently "You don't have to worry anymore Monaca. Your big brother isn't going anywhere" She spoke, muffled by my jacket. "I can't hear you when you speak like that." She lifted her head from my jacket, her eyes were red as she was still crying "Monaca doesn't want big brother to leave her ever. Big brother made Monaca happy, he gives Monaca what she wants, he made Monaca want to keep living" I wiped the tears off her face and kissed her forehead "I will keep taking care of you no matter what happens. So you don't have to cry anymore, just smile for me" Monaca nodded and smiled the best she could. "please tell Monaca this isn't a dream, Monaca wants this to be real" I smiled at her and hugged her tightly "This isn't a dream Monaca, I'm really here for you" Monaca Didn't reply for a while so I looked down and saw that she had fallen asleep on me. I smiled and took my jacket off and put it on her so she wouldn't get cold. She cuddled into the jacket and smiled in her sleep, mumbling. I leaned down to hear what she was mumbling "I love you big brother." I smiled and pat her head "I love you too little sister."