A Filler Chapter

just a filler chapter that will give me extra time to think about the next chapter. This chapter shall be mostly a dream/memory.  This was a chapter that was a scrapped chapter idea from a while ago, obviously set before Junko's plan started. If you don't like filler chapters, how the hell did you get this far in the story? Anyways, enjoy a chapter with a few characters I might not be bringing back to the story for a while

Y/n's pov

I lay awake in my bed, staring up at the ceiling of my room. I heard the sound of shuffling coming from the bed nearby so I looked over and saw Monaca crawling out of bed. She walked over to my bed slowly and crawled up onto it, hugging onto my arm. She laid there for a bit before speaking quietly "big brother, are you awake?" I looked down at her "Yeah, I am." She looked up at me, her face was pale and her cheeks were flushed, tears welled up in her eyes. "I- i'm..... Monaca isn't feeling alright." I moved my free arm over at rested it against her forehead, feeling that it was really warm. I frowned and slowly sat up, gently patting her her "Let go of my arm for a bit, I'm gonna turn on the light." She nodded slowly and let go of my arm hesitantly. I got up and walked over to the light switch, flipping it on and walking over to my desk, opening a drawer of medical supplies and taking out a thermometer. I walked over to my bed and held it out to Monaca. "Sit up and put this in your mouth, resting under your tongue." She nodded and slowly moved to do so, taking pillows to help herself sit up After she took the thermometer from me and put it in her mouth as instructed, I walked over to the kitchen and put a kettle of water on the hotplate.

I washed my hands and walked over to the medical supplies again, grabbing some things before walking over to Monaca. I got the thermometer and looked down at it "hmm, you have a fever, but I'm gonna do a quick check to make sure nothing else is wrong. Follow my directions and we can get this done quickly, okay?" She nodded and I began doing a quick check up on her. After finishing, I set all the tools I used in either a bio hazard trash can or a disinfectant tray before washing my hands. I grabbed an ice pack and wrapped it in a soft rag before handing it to her "Put this on your forehead, I'm making some tea that should help you feel better" Monaca put the ice pack on and smiled at me "thank you big brother" I pat the top of her head a bit before heading over to the kitchen area again. Starting to get the tea ready using the kettle I had put on the hotplate. 

After getting the tea prepared, I poured the tea into a cup with a lid and took it over to Monaca, setting down on the nightstand by the bed for her. She smiled at me as I pulled the blankets over her. I ruffled her hair a bit "You're stealing my bed again Monaca" she giggled a bit and snuggled into the blankets "sorry big brother. Monaca is happy though that big brother let her" I smiled at her walked back over to the kitchen, getting another cup filled with tea for me to drink. However, after I had poured the cup, there was a knock at the door. I walked over and opened the door, seeing Aiko wearing a face mask. She looked at me and coughed a bit before speaking "hey Y/n, s-sorry to disturb you so late. I um.. well, I'm obviously not feeling well, and I didn't know any body with medical knowledge that could help at this time. I heard from the nurse girl at the infirmary a while back that you knew a lot about medical stuff." I Sighed and stepped aside "Go ahead and take a seat at the table, I will get some stuff to preform a quick check. Try not to disturb Monaca, she's sick as well." Aiko nodded and went over to the table like I told her to. 

I preformed a quick check on Aiko before telling her what medications she could use to help get over the sickness and keep the symptoms down I also poured her a cup of tea to drink to help her feel better. As she sat there quietly sipping her tea, another knock on my door was heard. I looked over at my bed to see that Monaca was asleep despite the nose. I walked over and opened the door, seeing Hiyoko there. She had a red nose, sniffling with a box of tissues in her hands. I sighed and stepped aside "come on in and sit at my desk, I will be with you in a moment" She nodded and went over to the desk, sneezing a few times. I washed my hands and got a thermometer for Hiyoko, handing it to her before I went over and poured yet another cup of tea. After handing the cup to Hiyoko and looking at the thermometer, I looked through the medicines I had and gave her some for her synis issues and the eventual dry throat and coughing that would come after her nose was cleared up. She blew her nose before giving me a quick hug and thanking me, drinking her tea afterwards.