Gathering the Party: Part 1

Y/n's pov

It's been around an hour since I rescued Kotoko, she still hasn't woken up so I had her laying down with my blanket over her. Currently, we are inside a small garage that is connected to a small shop. The shop didn't have much blood in it, but the place was wrecked. The garage however was relatively undamaged, only a few scratches around and a destroyed toy cabinet. The shutter door was stuck shut, but even if it could open there was a pile of rubble on the other side that would prevent anything from getting in or out. The Monokuma had left the area a while ago and none were around, but there weren't any people around either. The only reason we are staying in this building is to keep out of sight of anything that may pass through. I made sure that Kotoko was unharmed earlier, so I wasn't worried about her physical health, the only problem would be her mental health. She seems easily startled and nervous, shaking and mumbling in her sleep. I attempted to wake her a while ago but it only made her shake more and cry in her sleep. I decided it would be best to let her be until she wakes normally to prevent her from having a panic attack immediately when she wakes. 

As I waited, I took out a needle an thread to fix up the pillow that now had a bullet hole in it. Some of the filling was gone, but the pillow could still be used one the holes were patched. Once I finished patching it, I put it back into my bag and looked through what I had for food. There were a few days worth of dry rations and some snacks. I sighed and took out a granola bar, opening the wrapper lifting my mask up so I could actually eat. Once I had finished and moved my mask back over my face properly, I heard shifting noises. I looked over at Kotoko to see her slowly sitting up. She looked around the room a bit before her eyes locked onto me and she froze up. After a moment of silence she started backing up, getting further away from me until her back was against the wall. I sighed and stared at her "Are you feeling alright?" she flinched when I spoke, crossing her arms over herself in a defensive manner. "w-what are you gonna d-do to me" I frowned and shook my head "I'm not going to do anything to you Kotoko." her arms and legs trembled as she spoke again "H-how do you know my name. I don't know you" I took my mask off my face and set it down to the side of me, looking at her "how about I introduce myself to you again then?" 

Slowly, she stopped shaking and stared at me with tears welling up in her eyes. I smiled at her and scratched the back of my head "My name is Y/n Kamukura, I'm a foolish guy who ends up getting himself hurt everywhere he goes. It's nice to meet you" I held my hand out, obviously the one not attached to my injured shoulder. Instead of shaking my hand, or introducing her self in return, Kotoko charged in and wrapped her arm around me tightly. She pressed her face into my chest as she sobbed out incoherent phrases. I chuckled softly and slowly hugged her back, ignoring the pain in my shoulder and the phantom pains all over my torso. I kept holding onto her as she sobbed and gripped onto me, I slowly rubbed my hand in circles over her upper back to help calm her a bit "its okay, you're safe now. You can let it all out." After a while, she stopped crying, but still held onto me. I softly pat the top of her head and sighed "Feeling better now?" She nodded slowly, not moving her face away. I nodded and pat her on the back "we can stay like this for a bit longer, but we need to get moving soon. If you are here that means that the other 4 are here too right?" 

She pulled her head away slowly and nodded, wiping her tears away. "w-we were all taken by weird looking guys... they brought us here together but separated us when we got here... t-the only one that wasn't with us was Monaca..." I nodded and stood up slowly, fixing my slightly messed up clothes "That's fine. I know she is somewhere in the city. Since I found you at the theater, I'm guessing the others will have been taken to somewhere related to their titles..." She stared at me "why would we be taken to places we are skilled at?" I shrugged "Call it video game logic." Kotoko tilted her head "you are basing your ideas off of a video game?" "Yup, sounds stupid. Right?" Kotoko giggled a bit "you're funny big bro" I looked at her again "Big bro? what happened to calling me Mr. Kamukura?" "You aren't our teacher anymore. And if you are Monaca's big brother than you are all of the warriors of hope's big brother." I nodded and pat her head again "cause you are all a lil' ultimate family, right?" She looked me dead in the eyes and spoke. "That was a horrible pun."