Seperated Pt.1

Betty and Jughead didn’t know why their parents were okay with them sharing a room. They did say one time that the two of them reminded them of themselves, and the four of them knew there was a lot of you know what between FP and Alice back then. The sexual tension was a bit suffocating for a while, though Betty and Jughead weren’t as sex-crazed. Until, as Jughead likes to call it, that fateful day… Jughead was grounded.

How? Well, he was caught by his dad in the evidence room in the police station, and we all know that FP wasn’t going to throw Jughead in jail for that, so to punish him he took away his books and computer privileges. But for some odd reason that didn’t work, so the next thing he did was take away his motorcycle, still didn’t work.

That is until he figured it out, Betty. He heard her laughing at one of Jugheads sarcastic remarks, he peeked through the crack in the door and saw Jughead smiling like he wasn’t in deep trouble with his father. He decided to talk it through with Alice.

“Common Ali, he needs to know that what he did was against the law, his dumb ass is lucky that I didn’t throw him in jail” the older Jones man complained as he waited for Alice to finish brushing her teeth.

“I don’t know, you know how Betty was when Jug was at Stonewall, she was all sad until the weekend hit”

“That’s true, but he’s acting like me taking away his books, bike, hell even his computer didn’t affect him, just this once and if it works then fine but if it doesn’t he can go back to their room”

“Oh alright, I’ll get the spare room ready for him after school tomorrow,” Alice said as she got out of their shared bathroom and to their bed.

“Thank you-”

“One condition, if Betty’s anxiety gets too bad he is going back as soon as possible”

“Alright, I can live with that,” he said before kissing her goodnight.

The next morning was normal, they all got up and went to where they needed to. But when Jughead and Betty got back to the house they noticed something off, first, some of Jughead’s clothes weren’t in their closet, then some of the extra bedding in the hallway closet was gone. They soon heard Alice’s car and Fp’s police car in the driveway, the two rushed down the stairs wanting an explanation from their parents. When the door opened JB rushed up into her room, not wanting to hear the impending fight between the four.

“Where is my stuff?” Jughead said, a look of confusion on his face.

“The guest room” Alice answered, with no expression on her face.

“Why though?” Betty soon asked.

“We’re moving Jughead to the guest room, that’s why?” FP said.

“Okay, yeah, but why?” Jughead asked, his eyebrows furrowed together.

“You better explain FP, cause I ain’t”

With that Alice left the living room to the kitchen to make herself coffee.

“What does she mean?” Both Jughead and Betty asked.

“Jughead, as you know you are grounded, but every punishment hasn’t been affecting you at all like it never happened. So we-”

“Don’t bring me in this! I said I would prepare the room!” Alice called from the kitchen.

“Fine, I decided that proper punishment would be to move you out of Betty’s room”

“Okay, first of all, our room, it’s both my and Betty’s room, second of all, who said the other punishments haven’t been working? I haven’t written in days, dad, days, I haven’t been to Pop’s, I’ve had to walk all the way to school, I haven’t been able to talk to any of the Serpents-”

“Imma stop you right there, it’s only for a few more days boy, a few more days”

“I’m not leaving Betty,” Jughead said between clenched teeth.

“And your not, you’ll be in the same house, just separate rooms, you both survived while you were at Stonewall”
“Barely!” Jughead said with wide eyes and disbelief.

FP sighed, this was harder than he thought it was. He figured Betty would say something but she stood there and watched it all unfold. She knew how defensive Jughead was when it came to her, he did not like it when people tried to separate them, and that happened a lot.

“Just a few days boy! That’s all I’m asking! I and Ali already decided that if Betty’s anxiety gets too bad then you can go back alright?”

“FINE! But I am not happy with this at all” Jughead said before he stormed off to the spare room.

“You not supposed to be, that’s the point of a punishment!” FP yelled at Jughead.