Throwback

It was 1955, and like any normal female teenager of that time Betty was at the local dinner called Pop’s for a milkshake after school with her friends. That's when she first saw the greaser boy named Jughead, he wasn’t new to town he just wasn’t seen that much on the northside, he arrived at the dinner in a car full of other young members of the gang called “The Southside Serpents”. Betty knew this gang, her father was prone to writing bad things in the local newspaper about this gang. However she found them appealing, this is how it started. Soon Southside High was shut down for seemingly no odd reason, but everyone knew the mayor sold it to some rich family to do whatever they pleased with it. So Jughead was transferred to Riverdale High, that’s when he saw her for the first time, she was kind and smart, she wanted to do things and go places, he noticed that right off the bat. Soon the two grew close much to their family and friends' disappointment. After all, why would a “low life greaser” want to be around a “soc” and vice versa, but they both knew that Jughead gave her the crazy she needed and she gave him the control he needed.

The first date they ever went on was at the Twilight Drive-In on the “bad side” of town, Betty will always remember it,he took her to see one of the new movies that James Dean was playing in “East of Eden”, oh how big a fan Betty was of James Dean. He slightly reminded her of her Juggie. They would both remember the Elvis songs that played while they went on their drives around town, or watching T.V. shows together, they both knew that watching T.V. was a family thing, but they were each other's family. 

But still after being together for what seemed like forever the society they grew up in didn’t accept this relationship. Socs hate greasers because they were “dangerous” and were “ruining today's life”, and greasers hate socs because they shunned them for their position on the social ladder. It was soon becoming normal for both of them to get negative feedback about their relationship. Jughead was getting bullied even more and Betty was begging to be slut shamed. Mainly because everyone knew that she liked Archie and now she was with a greaser. But nevertheless the two stuck together, they loved each other greatly to do that to the other. Soon they blocked all the hatred out, they believed that as long as they had the other they didn’t care what the future held. Back then being a soc and a greaser in a relationship was hard, to socs greasers were the monsters and to greasers socs were the monsters, it was a constant cycle, each placing the blame on the other.

The Coopers blamed the “Jones boy” for corrupting their precious little girl, and the Joneses blamed “that girl” for making their son forget who he was and where he came from. As the two got older and into their 20’s they were finally together, or so you thought right? Well no, during this time period they couldn’t be together, truly they were Romeo and Juliet, when they split it was like they died, sure they were still breathing but the person that everyone knew was gone.

Jughead grew up and became the leader of the Serpents and the owner of the local mechanic shop, he lived in Sunnyside Trailer Park till the day he died. Betty grew up to be a stereotypical stay at home wife, cooking and cleaning until her husband came home. Both got married to someone else they didn’t actually love. For even though they were from totally different worlds they still loved each other, when they died they both left in their will that they wanted to be buried next to each other. To their kids and grandkids this was rather confusing; neither mentioned the other before until the will was read. This was the story of Jughead Jones and Betty Cooper, Romeo and Juliet.

(a/n I actually am not very fond of this one, I might change it later on, but right now I geuss it will suffice. -S)