The Nightmare

(a/n Okay so what dream Jughead is implying is that becuase Betty is the woman in the relationship she needs to basically raise and take care of the kids, I'm going to point this out right now that this is not okay, just because she is of the oposite sex that dosen't mean anything. Both need to do thier part, not just Betty. Also there is mention of alcohol abuse, you have been warned. -S)

"JUGHEAD YOUR ALWAYS COMING HOME DRUNK! HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO RAISE OUR KIDS IN AN ENVIRONMENT LIKE THIS!" Betty yelled as she got up from the couch.

"I DON'T KNOW BETTY! YOUR THE WOMAN IN THIS SITUATION!" I yelled back, slurring my words because I was drunk.

"SO NOW YOUR SAYING JUST BECAUSE THAT I'M A WOMAN THAT I HAVE TO STAY HOME, CLEAN, COOK, AND TAKE CARE OF THE KIDS ALL BY MY DAMN SELF? HELL NO FORSYTHE! YOU HAVE TO BE THERE FOR ME AND OUR KIDS YOU GODDAMN ASSHOLE!"

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT AND YOU KNOW IT!" I yelled back, grabbing yet another beer.

"You know what, I'm done, I'm done with this, and I'm done with you" She said pointing harshly at me when she said "you".

"Fine, see if I care," I said plopping on the couch.

She walked away and came back only a few minutes later with her stuff packed and the baby's. She only had James with her.

"What about Luke?" I questioned before taking a drink out of the brown glass bottle in my hand.

What she said next shook me to my core.

"I guess we are our parents"

And with that she left me and one of our sons in the house. Luke soon walked down the stairs from his room rubbing his eyes, like he was just done crying.

"Daddy?"

"What!?" I asked harshly, he jumped and looked like he was about to start crying again.

"Where's mommy? I had a nightmare"

I jumped awake and my breathing was picking up quickly. I looked beside me to see a pregnant Betty asleep, I looked back at the wall in front of our bed and broke down crying. I tried not to wake Betty up, but I did anyway.

"Hey, hey, Juggie what's wrong?" She asked while stroking my hair.

"I-i-i-i" was all I said, I could barely form words.

"It's okay Juggie take your time"

I nodded and my sobs continued, after what felt like forever they slowed down enough for me to talk.

"I-i had a n-nightmare t-t-that I w-was like my-my dad, a-and you-u left m-me and o-o-one of our-r kids, a-and I w-w-was a terrible f-father-r and-and-"

"It's okay Jug, it was just a nightmare-

"B-but what if-f it happens Betty? Am-m I g-going to be l-l-like my dad? Just s-some jackass-s who d-d-drove his family-y away, even h-his own kids-s and wife?"

"Juggie look at me"

I was too ashamed to even look at her, she then grabbed my head and made me look at her in the eyes.

"We are not our parents, you told me that once, and now I'm gonna say it to you, I promise you we are not going to end up like our screwed up families, okay?"

I nodded, she kissed me lightly. She started stroking my hair again, knowing that it calmed me down.

"C-can we c-c-cuddle please-e" I sighed, still a little emotional from all my crying.

"Come here" she answered as she patted the spot next to her.

I laid down and she continued stroking my hair. Occasionally saying that everything is okay, eventually I fell asleep cuddling Betty. The next day we spent around the house in our pajamas, watching movies, eating snacks, and debating about the best movies from the 80's and 90's. Since that night I knew that we could never be like our parents, ever, because we are totally different people, and now, because of Betty, I know that for a fact.

"I love you" Betty said, taking her gaze away from the T.V. playing Back to the Future.

"I love you too," I said, looking down at her.

She was cuddled up into my side trying to keep warm. I kissed her lips and grabbed the blanket draped on the couch and placed it on us. I sighed in content, nothing bad could happen now, and it never will.