1939

“Oh dear, Veronica please, I know no one at this party!” Betty cried.

“My dear Betty, this party will raise your reputation greatly, you might even meet a nice man there” Veronica replied, helping Betty with her dress.

“Oh dear, oh dear” Betty replied frantically.

“Shh, you might ruin your makeup”

*Time skip: At the party*

Betty was striking up a conversation with some of the other young actresses at the party. Herself trying not to seem rude, she had to maintain proper edicate in order to keep her reputation well. She stood straight but at the same time lowered herself around the men within power. It was just the thing back then, she was stuck in her thoughts         ignoring the conversation Veronica was having with some of the other actresses. That is until the room grew quiet, she turned her head to the entrance of the gathering room and saw him. Forsythe Jones the III and Archibald Andrews, two of the most popular male actors in any genre, but the one that caught her attention the most was Forsythe. Women seemed to crowded around the men, wanting to impress them, but Betty seemed to be frozen. Minutes after they arrived the party continued, beautiful music played as Betty just stood by one of the many decorative columns in the room. That was when he finally noticed her, he calmly walked to her one hand in his pocket the other holding a freshly lit cigarette to his side, careful not to brush it on any flammable items.

“Hello there,” he said, placing his charm in overdrive.

“Oh why hello” she said shyly, slightly intimidated by the fact that he was a large actor while she was just beginning her acting career.

“What are you doing here alone?” He asked before taking a small drag from his cigarette.

“Oh, I didn’t come alone”

“Where is your date? It is quite rude to leave a beautiful woman like you all alone in a large party like this” 

“I don’t have a date” she said quietly but loud enough for him to hear.

“My, that is quite a surprise” the raven haired man said, he then sighed in what seemed to be in disappointment “goodness I forgot to ask for your name, I apologize in my rudeness” he said before taking her hand and kissing it “Forsythe Jones my dear, and you are?”

“Elizabeth Cooper”

“My, what a beautiful name, will join me for a dance Miss. Cooper?”

“Why yes Mr. Jones”

He smiled and placed his cigarette in an ashtray. He took her hand and led her to the dance floor filled with other men and women dancing rather beautifully.

“I apologize for my terrible dancing beforehand Miss. Cooper” he said placing a hand on her waist and grabbing her other hand holding it with his.

“It’s quite alright Mr. Jones,” Betty said, placing her other hand on his shoulder, trying her best to ignore the wonderful sensation of touching him.

“Now tell me about yourself, afterall I would like to meet you once again” he said.

“Oh why of course, hmm let’s see, I’m from a small town, my father owned the paper, my mother was of course a mother, my sister is a mother of two herslef, I on the other hand wanted something different, so I moved here to pursue that, oh and I have no idea if it’s proper to ask or tell someone your age when first meet but I’m 21”

“Interesting, I wouldn’t want to bother you with my upbringing”

“Oh please do tell” Betty said, desperate to know about the popular actor that never said much about his private life.

Bughead oneshots!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें