The "Scary" Gang Leader

Jughead was feared amongst most of Riverdale, like I said most. Betty Cooper was a very cute and innocent looking girl but she was never afraid of anything, well maybe just spiders. Still no one on this green planet could scare this girl, and people have tried, not only is she not scared of this boy she has no idea who he is. She was never one for news or gossip, so she never paid attention to the news and the papers, which is ironic since she runs the school paper.

Everything was quite fine on the northside of town until this “horrendous” day when Southside High was shut down for reasons that have been neglected for to long, kids were split up, the Young Serpents and some other kids who didn’t belong in a gang were transferred to Riverdale High while as others were spread out in the neighboring school districts. The first few days Jughead already scared most of the school, but not Betty, again not one for gossip just lived her life like normal, that is until she messed up a little.

“Oh my god, I’m sorry” Betty said after one of the jocks tripped her and made her drop her lunch on Jughead’s lap.

Jughead slammed his fist on the table and got up to face the girl. This action got the other Young Serpents to be on edge, all eyes on Betty.

“Do you know who I am blondie?” He snapped, voice laced with venom.

“No, and why would I?” Betty answered slightly agitated by this boy's act.

Before the leather clad boy could reply Kevin ran up to her and dragged her away. Jughead was suddenly curious about this girl, she was willing to stand up to him, which was odd because that never happened before. For the next few weeks Jughead has been annoying her, trying to make her feel intimidated, the more he tried though the more she wasn’t afraid.

Jughead swears the moment he fell for this girl was after school in the halls. He was walking around them looking for Sweet Pea’s dog tags that he had lost because he forgot where he put them and Betty was just finished with writing an article about some of the southside students transitioning to Riverdale High. The moment Jughead passed her he tugged on her ponytail, not too harshly but enough to cause a slight sting.

“Hey jackass” she said when she turned around to face him “could you not be a little fucker for just one day?”

Her reaction surprised him, like all of her others before. He was getting annoyed by her not cowering away from him like everybody has done, it was just everyone except her.

“Why aren’t you afraid of me?” He finally asked the question that has been shuffling around in his head for weeks.

She then started laughing at him. She was laughing so hard that she clutched her stomach and started wheezing. When she was done the most confused expression was present on Jughead’s face. He wasn’t kidding.

“Seriously? I’ve had worse nightmares about failing AP Chem” she scoffed.

Since that moment the two have been getting closer and closer. Jughead finally met someone he shared interests with that wasn’t scared of him, he could finally talk to someone and not be told he was just lying. His intimidating scowl, or resting bitch face as some of the Serpents called it, became a huge smile whenever Betty was present. Years later after they had their kids, Pen and Juliet, he told them his story, their story. Their kids laughed at him not believing that he was a scary person, I guess having kids just changes that. Everytime he looks back on those days he is glad of how far he has come, from tormenting Betty Cooper to making her Betty Jones, weird.

(a/n Okay so this one was a promt, the italicized words is the promt, I saw it and my mind is just like BUGHEAD IDEA!! So ye. -S)