Love Letter

Dear Betty,

My love, my girl, my everything. How does one place immense love into words to describe it properly, I’ve tried my dear, but I wasn’t successful. If love at a large scale was to be in the form of a person, it would be you, my love.

You have been there for the good, the bad, and the ugly, and I you. I remember our first fight clearly, it was a quite horrendous night wasn’t it? But something good came out of it, and you probably won’t believe me when I say that it was my dad that told me to go after you because we had something good, and I listened. I’m glad I did because if I didn’t I probably would have lost you. I also remember the first time we said “I love you”, you told me that you knew I meant it because I took off my beanie, I laughed because it’s true. I also remember when you were there in the hospital room with me after the riot, you stayed.

I’m not quite used to people staying in my life, my mom walked out with my sister, my father wasn’t really there, Archie left me that one summer for classified reasons (we both know the reason, it's quite questionable of Archie). But you, you stayed and loved me for me, and I love you for you. All of you, although I might tell you to clip your nails, only so you don’t pierce your palms.

Whenever I think about my future I imagine us married, you a journalist, and me a writer. Little kids chasing each other in our backyard, one boy, one girl, but I wouldn’t mind more, after all they would be part you, the most wonderful person on this planet. You would be a fantastic mother, I know that I’ve said we aren’t our parents, but I’m also scared that I’ll be like how my father was, a drunk who drove away his family. But I now know as long as I’m with you that will never happen, ever.

You make me a better person, before I felt alone, but now that we’re together I no longer am. Everyone else around me was already finding their better half, Archie, Veronica, Kevin, and when Trev asked you about Pop’s I thought I was going to lose you too. That didn’t happen though, and I’m so thrilled that it never happened. You chose me, the literal opposite of you. I guess what they say is true, opposites attract.

Love,
Your Juggie