Nobody Gets Me Like You

I was at this dumb party the night I met her, as chessy as it sounds I swear the world just stopped when I saw her. She saw me too, we locked eyes, it was perfect.

"JUGHEAD!"

The trance I was in just snapped, I faced my friend Archie.

"Yeah?"

"I've been calling your name for like 10 minutes dude, are you okay?"

I completely ignored his question and looked back to where I saw the girl and pointed.

"Who's that?"

"The blonde?" I nodded "That's Betty Cooper, she's a cheerleader and runs the Blue and Gold, she's pretty chill, she's my neighbor"

"Really?"

"Yep, I knew her since we were like 5"

Archie was soon dragged off by his recent girlfriend, Ronnie or something, I just kept on looking at Betty. She was alone in the corner, I mustered up the courage to walk over to her and, well, talk to her. I quickly walked over to her afraid that another guy, like a jock, might just slide in and take her somewhere else.

"Hey" I said, trying my hardest to sound manly.

She laughed, and looked up from her red solo cup. She started blushing and shuffled her feet a little.

"Hi" she smiled back "you don't need to do that, the voice thing" she laughed.

I blushed at the comment and took a sip from my cup, searching for the confidence from the alcohol.

That's how we met, a simple and lame party in highschool. A few months later we were dating, I knew since then she's the only one who gets me, the real me. A few years later we were married, since then I knew that no matter what either of us do we will just be pulled back to each other. I knew since the night we met that no matter what we will pull through, no matter fucking what, and so we did.